Playing the game without wifi ?

Feiryn-

Hi everyone.
I've got a little (big I mean) problem. I bought the game yesterday to play with my sister and I thought there was some way to play the game just by putting codes on the Just Dance app and so my PS4 and my phone would be connected. BUT. Hahahahaha, once again it seems that I was wrong ! And so, my problem is... I don't have a wifi connection in my room, where my PS4 is - I mean I do but the connection works like... one minute and logs off systematically - ? and so I don't have anything to play the game with. 

Is there some way to connect your phone with the console without wifi ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lady-Aya said:

Hi everyone.
I've got a little (big I mean) problem. I bought the game yesterday to play with my sister and I thought there was some way to play the game just by putting codes on the Just Dance app and so my PS4 and my phone would be connected. BUT. Hahahahaha, once again it seems that I was wrong ! And so, my problem is... I don't have a wifi connection in my room, where my PS4 is - I mean I do but the connection works like... one minute and logs off systematically - ? and so I don't have anything to play the game with. 

Is there some way to connect your phone with the console without wifi ?

PS Move is much better for just dance beginners ,  you don't need camera or anything else to use it if you have PS4 (http://amzn.to/2oValh5 )

also keep in mind your console and your phone must be in SAME wifi 

37 minutes ago, evilartifact said:

What kind of data plan do you have on your phone? If it is a good one, you could turn your phone into a hotspot, which would mean your ps4 would connect to your phone in the same way as your router, except you would be using your phones data plan.

Oh, I haven't thought about that option ! But using it doesn't "take" lots of data from the phone ? I've got only 3Go and it's really limited, it doesn't work well.

8 minutes ago, PirateRazer said:

PS Move is much better for just dance beginners ,  you don't need camera or anything else to use it if you have PS4 (http://amzn.to/2oValh5 )

also keep in mind your console and your phone must be in SAME wifi 

My sister also talked about the PS Move but as I told her, I don't feel like buying something that costs 40€ for ONE game, it's useless. But thanks anyway ! 
My PS4 detects the app since I put the IP into the app itself so it's good ! The connection just disappears every minute, I can't even begin a song without the wifi being turned off, it's really annoying.

1 minute ago, Lady-Aya said:

Oh, I haven't thought about that option ! But using it doesn't "take" lots of data from the phone ? I've got only 3Go and it's really limited, it doesn't work well.

Just connecting to the PSN shouldn't take too much data. I used to have a wifi that was very limited in data (about 15 GB I believe) and I connected that to the PSN and I never went over my limit in a month. I don't know how much data the game would use up, but if it is only a basic connection to upload data, and you aren't actually playing against anyone, you should be ok. Just make sure you have no outstanding patches or system software updates, because those will really eat up your data. 

If you are playing against someone, I recommend testing the connection, see if it works, try to play a game and afterwards, check how much data you have used. If you decide it is too much, you don't have to use it again, I am just saying it as an option.

Just now, evilartifact said:

Just connecting to the PSN shouldn't take too much data. I used to have a wifi that was very limited in data (about 15 GB I believe) and I connected that to the PSN and I never went over my limit in a month. I don't know how much data the game would use up, but if it is only a basic connection to upload data, and you aren't actually playing against anyone, you should be ok. Just make sure you have no outstanding patches or system software updates, because those will really eat up your data. 

If you are playing against someone, I recommend testing the connection, see if it works, try to play a game and afterwards, check how much data you have used. If you decide it is too much, you don't have to use it again, I am just saying it as an option.

Well I guess it's pretty much the only option left for me so I'll do it. I won't play online with it, I'll just use it for this game, I only hope my data will be enough.
Anyway, thank you really really much, it'll help me for the days to come, I guess I'll have to buy an access router to extend the wifi in my home next week !

1 minute ago, Lady-Aya said:

Well I guess it's pretty much the only option left for me so I'll do it. I won't play online with it, I'll just use it for this game, I only hope my data will be enough.
Anyway, thank you really really much, it'll help me for the days to come, I guess I'll have to buy an access router to extend the wifi in my home next week !

No problem, just keep an eye on the data so you don't use too much. I assume you have an app to check? 

An access router is a great idea! I used to be in your situation where I was in a room with limited wifi, and I got a sort of router extender that I could put just outside my door and have better wifi! This was about 9 or 10 years ago too, so I would say the technology would be improved enough for you to get a better option! Good luck and I hope that you find a good way to extend the wifi without using your phone data!

Just now, evilartifact said:

No problem, just keep an eye on the data so you don't use too much. I assume you have an app to check? 

An access router is a great idea! I used to be in your situation where I was in a room with limited wifi, and I got a sort of router extender that I could put just outside my door and have better wifi! This was about 9 or 10 years ago too, so I would say the technology would be improved enough for you to get a better option! Good luck and I hope that you find a good way to extend the wifi without using your phone data!

Nope, not at all, haha. But I'll check between songs just in case ;)

Yeah ! I looked online to see how much it costs and that's okay, it's not really expensive so my problem should be solved within next week... I hope anyway.