I've Been Unable to Connect to PSN For A Few Days Now...

BlueFireReaper

So I've noticed this being a similar problem with others who, like myself, have been unable to log into PSN since the new PS4 firmware update dropped a few days ago. Apparently for a lot of people, it was because the new Terms of Service that came about with the update never showed up for them, so they had to accept them elsewhere, via trying to do it by going into their profile, looking at their Friends List, signing in on the app or the online sites, etc. This was something that I had to do myself, but this is where things have gotten weird for me. While making numerous attempts at doing so, I kept getting the following message (apologies for the lack of a picture):

Service Unavailable - Zero size object

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #15.9f2bf648.1507420066.1847d2db

And to note, I have been unable to log into PSN from anywhere. The message above I got on pc and mobile. The mobile app and PS4 keeps saying that PSN is undergoing maintenance, and PS3 just simply gives me an error message, also saying that the servers are going under maintenance. Thing is, the servers clearly say that the servers are up and running, which makes me believe that this is only a problem with where I am, especially since I was able to log into PSN while I was out of town yesterday and was able to accept the new Terms of Service. However, I'm still not fully convinced as to what has been causing this problem.

That definitely sounds like an issue that could be because of 5.0. But its better to go directly to playstation forum for it and let them know. Luckily thank PSN gods I havent had issues with most new firmwares (knocks on hardwood really hard...). What 5.0 freaked me out was after installing it did a system database rebuild on me! And the last time i did any database rebuild, I lost all my custom folders because of the external hdd. With over 200+ games installed I rather not reorganize what game was in what folder I had before... Also I turned off my PS4 when the HDD icon was loading a very long time top right..which also freaked me out since it could had screwed up stuffs when its loading/saving etc. But everything was ok, thank Jesus. I dont know if they are aware of your issue but but I do know they are aware of the PS4 Firmware 5.0 Error Code E-801809A8. 

edit: Oh i just saw this..not sure if itll be helpful though. But they do give 2 ways to try to fix the issue.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/10/04/playstation-network-down-for-you-heres-how-you-could-get-back-online/

Good luck.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

So update on the situation, after checking with PlayStation Customer Support, it seems that the problem has to do with the college's internet. Don't know why, but ever since a few days ago, the network just seemed to stop being able to connect with PSN. For those of you who responded, thank you for the replies.