trophy requirements

ishallsucc33d

hi everyone, i'd like to ask those who have completed the game if you could clarify an issue for me. i read the far cry 3 roadmap guide on psntrophies.org website and it said that i had to take care of some requirements to be able to get some of the trophies for platinum. one of them is 'to liberate outpost without detection'. my question is, is this requirement the same as me liberating outpost without triggering the alarm, or must i kill all the enemies without them ever realising my presence? appreciate any help i can get.

• 1 month later...

hi everyone, i'd like to ask those who have completed the game if you could clarify an issue for me. i read the far cry 3 roadmap guide on psntrophies.org website and it said that i had to take care of some requirements to be able to get some of the trophies for platinum. one of them is 'to liberate outpost without detection'. my question is, is this requirement the same as me liberating outpost without triggering the alarm, or must i kill all the enemies without them ever realising my presence? appreciate any help i can get.

Hopefully I'm not too late with my answer. 

No, there's a difference. Sometimes enemies spot you but they don't raise the alarm for some reason. If that happens, you will get 550 xp. If you manage to stay undetected all the time, you will receive a 1500 xp bonus. 

Liberating an outpost undetected is suprisingly easy if you know what to do. Trust me, I can know, I made a second savefile and liberated all (expect the first one which is part of the main mission) outposts 100% undetected. I would recommend you to wait untill you can go to the Southern Island, if you activate a couple radio towers there you will get the Z93. Not sure how many you have to activate exactly. The Z93 is the most powerfull sniper in the game. It can take down almost every enemy in 1 shot to the chest. Only heavies require a headshot to be killed in 1 shot. Equip it with a suppressor, a scope of which I forget the name and extended mags. Craft your ammo pouch so you can carry more rounds.

Now find your outpost of preference, I can't recommend you one, all are doable but it's just personal preference. 

Best hidespots are on a hill overlooking the outposts, if that's not there find a bush you can hide in. A combo of both is the best spot. You can't hide in all bushes but most bushes will break line of sight with your enemies meaning they will never spot you as long as you stay in there.

Start by using your camera and mark all the enemies you can see.

Start taking them down but don't randomly pick targets.

Main priority are the sniper/RPG guys. They will spot you faster and can do a lot of damage. They are mostly on the rooftops and will mostly not be watched by many other enemies. Oh and don't forget, most enemies will wander in a certain path, try to memorize that so you will know when to shoot an enemy while he's not being watched.

After that it doesn't really matter which enemy you take out first but I would go for the shotty/knife/molotov guys. Forget their name, but if the molotov guys are aware of their mates dead bodies or if they see someone dropping head they will run towards the bushes like a headless chicken and set everything on fire.

If there's an animal in the cage, shoot the cage (can be anywhere on the cage, if will always destroy the front, but be sure to not hit the animal) and the animal will take out most, if not all of the enemies for you. And not to mention they will be focussed on the animal and not react to you shooting at them.

After that just take out the remaining enemies. 

Be sure to be within atleast 100-80 meters of the outpost because sometimes if you're too far away it won't start the cutscene when you killed all enemies.

If dogs see you, no problem, as long as they don't alert human enemies you will still be undected. 

Don't worry if you missed an enemy, he will start screaming first and then most of the enemies will most likely run to cover OR they will try to find you. As long as you're hided well, take them out easily. If they hide behind cover, either wait or shoot near them to get them out of cover. 

A SMG of prefence with a suppressor can be usefull in close quarters situations, although I barely used during my liberations.

Don't worry if you get detected, just kill yourself, you should respawn nearby and can try again.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help you. :)

• Like 1