Game Freezes in Race Series XV

jts5009

So apparently, I'm playing this game a decade late, but I'd still like to get the platinum.  For the most part, the game works fine.  However, for whatever reason, the game always freezes in the same spot: In career mode, Race Series XV, in the Works vs. Supercars Championship within Tier 4.  There are 30 possible stars there, so 5 races in the series.  I can always do the first race,  Half the time though, the game freezes as it tries to load the second race.  I need to manually turn off the PS3 to escape this freeze, and of course, the next time I try the series, I'm back to the beginning, where it'll freeze in the same spot again if I restart.  The rest of the time, the second race will eventually load (with a longer than normal load time), and once it loads, I can race to completion.  However, when it tries to load the third race in the series, the PS3 completely freezes again to the point where the PS button does nothing.  I've tried 5 or 6 times so far, and I've never been able to make it to the third race without the game freezing?  What's happening here?  The rest of the game works fine: it only freezes in this one specific spot.  Is there anything I can do?  The online has been dead for awhile, so I don't think I can pick up master badges from that,. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 5/26/2018 at 4:29 PM, jts5009 said:

I didn't get any responses here, but I thought I'd post a quick update because I did get some help on Reddit.  For whatever reason, if you wait 5-10 minutes after each race before clicking the X button to move onto the next one, it allows you to advance in the series without freezing.  Not sure why that would happen, but maybe some shoddy coding is to blame.  I finally got back to the game a few weeks after my post above, and just got 30/30 stars on the series in question.  I don't have the platinum yet, but now that I finally got through the one series that constantly crashed the PS3, it'll hopefully come in the next few weeks.  Chances are, nobody will see this update, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case anyone comes across the same problem as I did.

Thank you for this, you and Reddit helped me get by with this piece of advice ???

For me, it was Race 3 of 5, the Silverstone GP, in both the Tier 4 and NFS World Tour Championship Series, where the game freezing occurred, it was autosaving but took way too long, but the 5-10 minute wait worked out, so onwards to a Platinum ??