How to get the "Saintified" trophy after the servers shutdown

Dante_MS

@lew Yeah, most likely your router or ISP are redirecting your DNS requests. I've seen a few cases like this, so if the method doesn't work, the first thing I recommend to do is to try it with a mobile connection.

Edited by Dante_MS
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just did the workaround and popped the trophy. Took a little doing but in the end all is well. I'm not the brightest guy when it comes to this sort of thing but it wasn't too bad. 

I wonder if this sort of method could be used for the Army of Two 40th Day mask upload trophy? I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought of this but it's just a guess.

Thanks to the OP for the workaround post!

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought something went wrong when I tried to upload the character but then it said "connection timed out", which obviously the service is down. But I didn't expect your method to work so flawlessly. I'm amazed at how this solely works on the PS3 and not on the 360, guess we're truly blessed cause I love this franchise. Thanks for posting the method on both SR3 & SR4 threads, you're doing a good deed to this community. @Dante_MS

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 3:23 PM, Dante_MS said:

Since the Saints Row servers were shut down, this is currently the only known way to get the "Jumped In" trophy from Saints Row: The Third and the "Saintified" trophy from Saints Row IV.
This method works only for PS3 versions of the games. There is no solution for Xbox 360 versions at this moment.

The problem we have to solve is that upon entering the Character Gallery the game tries to reach a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com. As the server is down, the game kicks you back to the previous menu. At this step the game doesn't care if the server is functional, it only checks if the server is available, so the goal is to make the server seem available by using a custom DNS server or modifying the hosts file of your router.

TL;DR: you have to make the game think that a server at sr3.hydra.agoragames.com is up.

The following guide is about setting up a DNS server using NextDNS and any device with a browser:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Go to https://my.nextdns.io/start;

2. Open the "Settings" tab;

2.1. Disable logs because why would you want anyone to log your activities?

Reveal hidden contents

ylbemTH.png

2.2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press "New Rewrite" under "Rewrites";

2.3. In the "Domain" field type "sr3.hydra.agoragames.com" and in the "Answer" field type "127.0.0.1", both without quotation marks, and press "Save";

Reveal hidden contents

bmKQEtr.png

3. Go back to the "Setup" tab;

3.1. If your PS3 is connected via a router that supports DNS-over-TLS, DNS-over-HTTPS or IPv6, you can set it up to use DNS servers from the "Endpoints" block and jump to the step 4.1;

Reveal hidden contents

You can check if your network supports IPv6 by scrolling down to the "Setup Guide" on the same page:

JCVEmfO.png

3.2. In any other case you will have to use IPv4 DNS servers. To do so you will have to link your IP first. If the device you're using to set up a DNS server is connected to the same network as your PS3, you can simply press "Link IP" under the "Linked IP" block and proceed to the next step.

If the PS3 is connected to a different network, press "Show advanced options" and open the URL you find there in the PS3 browser (you might want to use a keyboard for that). If you've opened the URL and found there your IP address, it means that you've successfully linked your IP;

Reveal hidden contents

v4xdBEQ.png

4.1. If you've configured DNS servers on your router: on the PS3 set up an Internet connection as you always do, but at the "DNS Setting" step choose "Automatic" and jump to the step 5;

4.2. If you're going to use IPv4 DNS servers: on the PS3 set up an Internet connection as you always do, but at the "DNS Setting" step choose "Manual" and as the primary DNS use any DNS server from the "Linked IP" block. You can leave the secondary DNS empty (0.0.0.0);

Reveal hidden contents

Just a random screenshot of the menu from the Internet:

qSOUIa1.jpg

5. Launch the game, create and upload your character or go to an "Image As Designed" store and upload your character from there;

6. When you've got the trophy just restore previous connection settings of your PS3/router.

Troubleshooting:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Check everything for typos.
  • Link IP from your phone while on a mobile connection, create a hotspot and connect the PS3 to it.
  • Some people reported that the game may freeze while using a custom DNS server. We've yet to find a cause of this problem and so far the only solution we could come up with is to sign out of the PSN, launch the game, go into the character creation or to an "Image As Designed" store and enter the Character Gallery. You will be prompted to sign in to PSN and after signing in you probably will have a couple of seconds to upload the character before the game freezes.

Old version of the guide.

Would it be possible to do this with ps3 and ps4 games whose servers have been closed? Example Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 ps3 for the "Big Leagues" trophy and FIFA 20 PS4 and 21 PS4/PS5 for the VOLTA SQUADS trophies?

• 1 month later...

Super late to the party here but I’ve I’m not computer savy at all either and I’m having a hard time figuring out Finderx_Ru or Dante’s methods I need some serious help as I also want to snag this trophy if anyone can help me feel free to message me on my psn AbOmBz59 I would super appreciate any help at all as both methods are like Greek to me 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How are you guys getting this to work? im seeing so many comments of people figuring it out in no time. 
Ive got as far as to setting up my internet dns on the ps3 and i had no luck. I cant ask for a more detailed step by step then what Dante provided. Ill try again later.

When i linked my ip it had a primary ip address, a secondary ip address and linked ip address. Which address do i need to put into the ps3 dns

Edited by RowdyRego

• 4 weeks later...