Looking for someone to help me learn Spanish

Pozri

Don’t know any Spanish but if anyone is up for the challenge of trying to teach me and plays similar games or what ever let me know. 

Reason, I wanna move to Spain for awhile even if only for a year or 2 but before that I wanna know the language enough to get by for work, I’m a automotive spray painter so would need to understand language fair amount if I was to get a job there.  The other reason is my account is Spanish and makes ping bad on some games but no point swapping as trophy progress is too high and I’ve bought too much

Games I’m playing atm

ESO - Kinda

Skyrim

Souls series on and off

GTA on and off

Last of US

Edited by Pozri
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

Moving to a Spanish foreign country doesn't help you at all. Spanish and English are like close friends. In fact, if you already know English, Spanish will be towed down on the difficult as some of words are untouched or spelled very similar. Also, Spanish is missing a lot of words from the English dictionary, so most of the sentences you want to use most likely don't exist (for example: cool, anyways, idiot, imbecile). If that happens you have to improvise, and think about writing something in a similar format that can explain what you are trying to say, that just happens to not exist in Spanish. Another thing you will see is backwards text in Spanish. It goes What-Verb-Subject. (For example "Clase de espanol = Spanish class") you can also tell its backwards as you will see "de" mostly used when using inverse texting. Singular and plural nouns play a much bigger role in Spanish (for example: El/la Singular = The - he or The - she   He ate the apple. Los/las Plural The - he or The - she   She ate the apples.). Verb conjugation is quite simple, a word about actions mostly. Which always end off with ER, AR, or IR at the end. You can use a simple verb conjugation chart to decipher this. You remove these verb categories and replace them with the new letters from the verb conjugation chart (for example: (Necesitar = to need  "Necesito un lapiz = I need a pencil") Finally, to end it all off, gender pronouns. These are used across both genders, female nouns end with "a" and male nouns end with "o". If you are a guy you use the male pronouns (for example: "Creo que el es guapo". = I think he is handsome. "Creo que la es bonita" = I think she is pretty). One thing to be aware of, is if you are talking about girl or boy activities you will use a certain pronoun across both genders (for example: Me gusta el futbol = I like soccer) (works for both genders).

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto

That’s one way to approach it, but honestly, if you have taken classes, what you have to do is just incorporate it in your everyday life and activities.

Play games in Spanish.

Watch your favorite stuff in Spanish dub.

Search and read in Spanish.

You have to break the barrier of theory vs freeform use as much as possible.

3 hours ago, Lord_of_Ra said:

That’s one way to approach it, but honestly, if you have taken classes, what you have to do is just incorporate it in your everyday life and activities.

Play games in Spanish.

Watch your favorite stuff in Spanish dub.

Search and read in Spanish.

You have to break the barrier of theory vs freeform use as much as possible.

A few more to add to the list. Speak and write in the language very often in order to maintain your progression, watch YouTube videos or music in Spanish subtitles (not 100% accurate as the AI will only pick up the audible tones), using ChatGPT to get an understanding when to use words or be used to generate sentences in Spanish and or be used as a translation when, and where exactly to use these words. Practice with the translator as all you need to do is understand the format to say everything in the right context, practice the pronunciation as some words are said different then others the "J" letters or double "LL" are very tricky to understand, the translator will also speak faster like a native speaker you can search up pronunciations for a slower way to fully grasp what was being said. You should be fluent in the language in less than a year. As long as you know English without much of a struggle.