Mini-Guide to Dealing with Spirits

Dokusha

Salutations, fellow spirit hunters and occult otaku! Are your guardian angels watching over you tonight? Having just obtained the platinum trophy for this wonderfully spooky treat of a game, I thought it might be nice to share some information on how to deal with the game's five spirits!

URASHIMA WOMAN:

Spoiler

Purify: Yoga Book on Tree -> Birth Charm on Woman's Hands -> Calligraphy Flyer (missable item; found on the ground near the trashed security booth at park entrance, if you missed it before engaging the Urashima Woman, try reloading your checkpoint at the game-over screen) on Woman's Face

Destroy: Yoga Book on Tree -> Birth Charm on Woman's Hands -> Stillbirth Certificate on Woman's Face

KUBITARŌ OF KINTOKI:

Spoiler

Purify: Knife on Offering (teddy bear in the bottom-left of the screen) -> Repaired Plushie on Kubitarō

Destroy: Headless Plushie on Train Tracks

SCREAMING AUTHOR:

Spoiler

Purify: Stiff Hair Clump on Wires -> Spray Paint on Author's Legs -> Incense on Paper Lantern -> Burning Incense on Author's Dress

Destroy: Stiff Hair Clump on Wires -> Hard Shoes on Author's Legs -> Incense on Paper Latern -> Burning Incense on Author's Dress

KILLER PEACH:

Spoiler

Purify: Pinky Bath on Puddle -> Memorial Tape on VCR
Destroy: Pinky Bath on Puddle -> Ogre Blue Cologne on Killer Peach

DEMON TSUKIYOMI:

Spoiler

Destroy:

Scene 1: Burnt Robot on Lower Left Face (the one saying "Pew pew! Boom! Bang!"), Laughing Girl on Upper Right Face (the one saying "I want... Jennifer..."), Cymbal Gorilla on Lower Right Face (the one saying "Buy me... a big monkey, please..."), Melted Stick on Upper Left Face (the one saying "Grant my wish... Mom, please...")

Scene 2: Katana (left behind by Killer Peach after showing her the fire report and telling her you defeated her earlier) on Upper Right Face (the one saying "MoMmY...! MOmMy...!")

Final scene: Blackened Blood on Memorial, write the name "Tomoko Okayama"

There is no purification option for Demon Tsukiyomi, but don't worry, destroying it won't kill any of your companions.

Hope that helps any aspiring spirit hunter! If anyone has any other questions, I'll be happy to help if I can. Stay safe out there~

Edited by Serethyn
tyops
  • Like 2