How long will the servers be up?

cardcrusher29

How long will the servers be up? This game is 12 years old, and other first party Sony published PS3 games have long shut the online feature like Resistance. As a person who only got a PS3 in 2017, I'm enjoying the online user made levels in LBP more than the solo main campaign, and seriously considering buying the sequel (for less than $7). Am I just paranoid that I'm wasting that $7?

On 12/8/2020 at 11:13 PM, cardcrusher29 said:

How long will the servers be up? This game is 12 years old, and other first party Sony published PS3 games have long shut the online feature like Resistance. As a person who only got a PS3 in 2017, I'm enjoying the online user made levels in LBP more than the solo main campaign, and seriously considering buying the sequel (for less than $7). Am I just paranoid that I'm wasting that $7?

This is one game I'm sure will outlast the others for servers being up. Realistically, the LBP2 is totally worth $7 if you enjoyed this one.

You can knock out the online trophies and save any multiplayer trophies for couch co-op later if you'd like. 

18 hours ago, DaivRules said:

This is one game I'm sure will outlast the others for servers being up. Realistically, the LBP2 is totally worth $7 if you enjoyed this one.

You can knock out the online trophies and save any multiplayer trophies for couch co-op later if you'd like. 

A fellow PSNprofile user brought to my attention the devs stating that LBP servers will continue to stay up despite a new game that they developed is out.

I'm currently bidding on LBP2 on Ebay.

TBH, I'm loving LBP for the soothing effect of just browsing user created levels.  The trophies are an afterthought unlike the last game I played, Infamous 2, where I went out my way to get every trophy available.

• Like 1