Data Corrupt

Ancestral_Spirit

So while i was playing, i jumped onto the XMB to see what trophies i still needed.

I pushed up on the analogue stick to go to the bar that had the trophies icon on it, only for the playstation to pull me back to hovering over the start Far Cry New Dawn (i still had it open), and then a blue screen hit me with a pop up that said something along the lines of:

'Data Corrupt. Please Rebuild Your Database'

The only option i had was to exit using 'O' so i did, and nothing seemed to be amiss.

Only until a few hours and play sessions later when i realised i should have earned a few more trophies, specifically a story progression one and the one for unlocking all the perks. Only i had no pings.

Turns out my playstation has been popping them in the background with no pictures and no pings  :/

I'm rebuilding the database now, so i'm hoping this will fix it.

Apparently Far Cry 5 and New Dawn have a habit of telling you your data is corrupt, but it's more often than not on the digital version. I played Far Cry 5 and New Dawn as physical discs, i had no issues with 5 that i remember, and with New Dawn this has only happened once.

Just posting this here as a warning to anyone who likes to keep their trophy pictures. If Far Cry tells you your data is corrupt, save your game, quit out and get rebuilding your database!