Mass Effect Online Pass for ME Trilogy PS3

pamperonecaino

On 2/9/2021 at 7:57 PM, HuntingFever said:

Account locked, means you can only use it with that account and since you can't get the Plat without the online pass, you will stuck playing this game on the Hong Kong account due to the online pass not being recognised by any other accounts on your system. If you want to plat this game on your JP account, you will need a JP copy then redeem the online pass via the JP store.

Ok just want to update, I recently bought a Mass Effect Trilogy for PS3 (US Region). I downloaded the Online Pass for that region and I still get the achievement for the Japanese region PSN! So the claim of the online pass being account-locked instead of region-locked is not true! So you can buy any Mass Effect 3 from any region and still get the achievement for the account you want if the online pass matches the game region

Edit: Forgot to mention it was a used Mass Effect Trilogy CD, not digital

Edited by joremzi
Forgot to mention it was a used Mass Effect Trilogy CD, not digital
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, joremzi said:

Ok just want to update, I recently bought a Mass Effect Trilogy for PS3 (US Region). I downloaded the Online Pass for that region and I still get the achievement for the Japanese region PSN! So the claim of the online pass being account-locked instead of region-locked is not true! So you can buy any Mass Effect 3 from any region and still get the achievement for the account you want if the online pass matches the game region

Thank you for the correction :). It looks like I was given some bad info, because I was always told the online pass for this game was both account and region locked.

• Like 1