Running and cut scene skip would have helped Heavy Rain

cardcrusher29

Running and cut scene skip would have surely interfered with how the creator intended the user to experience the game.

Nonetheless, the developers could have let users run and skip cut scenes when the game notices the user has achieved at least 1 ending. 

I just have to rant about Heavy Rain. While I like the story and game in general, the plodding walk of the main character is very annoying. 

• Like 2

To be fair, every game should let you skip cut scenes once you’ve seen them once. The problem with the Quantic Dream games are where do you differentiate the cut scenes from the game play? They are intended to be one in the same. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

To be fair, every game should let you skip cut scenes once you’ve seen them once. The problem with the Quantic Dream games are where do you differentiate the cut scenes from the game play? They are intended to be one in the same. 

Good point on differentiating the cut scenes and the gameplay. I don't see a way of fast forwarding to the more action oriented parts without adverse effect on the storytelling. My mind was stuck on the PS1/Ps2 era scrolling text screen (and ability to fast forward on the text) when I ranted about the cut scene skip. 

Thanks goodness there is a chapter select option for the OCD/ completionist type.