Easy Leveling with Infinity 3.0

Walt the Dog

Since I assume there are at least some people who are like me and have both Infinity 2.0 and 3.0 in the backlog, I would like to share a method that I used to greatly speed up my leveling experience for going from 3.0 to 2.0.

Note that for this method, you'll need Infinity 3.0 as well as the Marvel Battlegrounds pack for it as well as any two Marvel characters who are compatible with Infinity 2.0 (i.e. you can't use the Captain America that comes with Battlegrounds, but you can use regular Captain America, Spiderman, Venom, Iron Man, etc). Assuming you want 100% in 3.0, you'll need Battlegrounds anyway as it has DLC trophies attached. It is also much preferable to use the PS4 version of 3.0 for this as you'll deal with a lot of loading screens through this method and PS4 goes through them a lot faster than PS3. If possible, try to get two turbo controllers as well so you can automate this (Remote Play with a script also works since you just need to spam :cross:), though even if you can't, it should only take a couple of hours to get two characters leveled through this method.

1. Load up Infinity 3.0 with the Battlegrounds playset attached and enter multiplayer.
  2. Set up a Hero of the Hill game with Points set to 10 (other settings don't matter)
  3. Set up the two AI opponents so that they are on the same team as Player 1, preferably on Extreme difficulty since they'll be working for you.
  4. Choose any arena, though S.H.I.E.L.D Outpost works best.
  5. Let the match run. The AI should go to the designated zone and score 10 points for you, giving you the victory and rewarding you 320 XP for the Experience Bank per win.
  6. Rematch until you have around 35k XP (should take roughly 2 hours)
  7. Take your two Marvel characters into the Experience Bank and level them as close to Level 20 as you can without actually hitting Level 20. Best way to do this is to go up to maximum, but then press down once so that it goes back to showing a number of EXP instead of Full. You'll know you're doing it right if the icon in the upper-left corner is still showing 19 with a nearly maxed out XP bar.
  8. Once in Infinity 2.0 with your characters, make sure to share ownership. You'll notice they're little under halfway through Level 19, thus bypassing a large amount of the level grind.
  9. From here, just level the two characters the rest of the way using whichever method you see fit, whether you want to do it naturally through playsets/Toy Box stuff or if you want to set up an Experience Chamber to idle it.

There's also a bit of a quirk I noticed with this, at least on PS3. While I had to level my first character up to Level 20 properly in order to make On the Level pop, I got Level With You as soon as I placed my second character on the base and he loaded in even though he was also little under halfway through Level 19.