Quick Sports Illustrated Question

Merco

I completed my blind first run of Blacksad about a month ago and am now clearing up remaining trophies. I've been aiming to get all the cards collected on my current run - I got about half on the first run but didn't finish any sets (or get the associated trophies).

I have used Microids' card locations PDF/guide to track down outstanding sports cards, but have seen on a different Blacksad thread (Page 3) that there might be some issues associated with not getting all the cards in one go.

The bit that worries me in the thread is this:

"Q: Wait, really? I was finishing my first run and one of the 11 cards in the final location didn't spawn. So have I to try to get ALL the trophies and the platinum (praying all the gods in the universe) and somehow merge the two account?

A: Correct. If it refuses to pop, your only option is to create a blank account then redo the Plat from scratch (assuming it doesn't glitch again) and merge that account with your actual one so the Plat appears on it."

Based on the point raised in the thread, can anyone confirm if you risk getting permanently 'locked out' of earning Sports Illustrated on your account by not collecting every card in one run? I've just entered the bunker and have 6 cards left, but am more than a little concerned that searching for any leftovers on run 3 might not solve any potential problems. I'm hoping that I can just re-check every card spawn spot on a future run, but would appreciate some insight on whether you have to collect all 100 cards in the same playthrough to obtain Sports Illustrated.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 0:25 AM, Merco said:

I completed my blind first run of Blacksad about a month ago and am now clearing up remaining trophies. I've been aiming to get all the cards collected on my current run - I got about half on the first run but didn't finish any sets (or get the associated trophies).

I have used Microids' card locations PDF/guide to track down outstanding sports cards, but have seen on a different Blacksad thread (Page 3) that there might be some issues associated with not getting all the cards in one go.

The bit that worries me in the thread is this:

"Q: Wait, really? I was finishing my first run and one of the 11 cards in the final location didn't spawn. So have I to try to get ALL the trophies and the platinum (praying all the gods in the universe) and somehow merge the two account?

A: Correct. If it refuses to pop, your only option is to create a blank account then redo the Plat from scratch (assuming it doesn't glitch again) and merge that account with your actual one so the Plat appears on it."

Based on the point raised in the thread, can anyone confirm if you risk getting permanently 'locked out' of earning Sports Illustrated on your account by not collecting every card in one run? I've just entered the bunker and have 6 cards left, but am more than a little concerned that searching for any leftovers on run 3 might not solve any potential problems. I'm hoping that I can just re-check every card spawn spot on a future run, but would appreciate some insight on whether you have to collect all 100 cards in the same playthrough to obtain Sports Illustrated.

Hi, I was the one who made the question.

I platted the game 24 days ago. On my run for the 100 cards (I deleted the previous run file), one card in the final location was still missing to me again. I was angry, but I restarted the chapter and that last card eventually appeared in one of the spots.

So I didn't have to make that blank account trick at all. I tried it, though, with the very first two trophies of FF7 (not the remake) and I merged that blank account with a secondary account and it totally works. I don't know if the last card was glitched or I didn't search accurately: it just appeared when I restarted the chapter.

Edited by FulgidoLucio
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Hi, I was the one who made the question.

I platted the game 24 days ago. On my run for the 100 cards (I deleted the previous run file), one card in the final location was still missing to me again. I was angry, but I restarted the chapter and that last card eventually appeared in one of the spots.

So I didn't have to make that blank account trick at all. I tried it, though, with the very first two trophies of FF7 (not the remake) and I merged that blank account with a secondary account and it totally works. I don't know if the last card was glitched or I didn't search accurately: it just appeared when I restarted the chapter.

Thank you for this answer - I'm relieved to hear it! I know what you mean about missing cards, even knowing where things were with the Microids guide, I've had to really search for the card spots.