OMG this game is a bugged mess from hell!

lettmon

'By sadists, for masochists' is a very accurate description of this game from someone on Metacritic.

The controls don't work more often than they do. Want to crawl? You will have to click the crawl button at least twice until it responds. Want to open a door? Tough luck - you are too close to it! Move your character back a little and then maybe, if you're lucky, you will be able to open the door. Want to dive with the diver? He won't use his diving equipment and will be able to hold his breath underwater for only 5 seconds. Often he will simply die for no reason just when you started diving. And so on and on and on.

I just don't get it, Commandos 1 is one of my fav games and it has very tight controls. The game can be hard at times but it will never bug out on you. This however is the complete opposite - 90% of the time you will be having hard time and when something actually works, a simple thing like neutralizing a lone enemy - you will feel like you accomplished something HAHAHAHA

The objectives are very vague - steal documents. But there are like 5 buildings on the map - at least give me a clue.

The loading times are ridiculous - these are slightly upgraded grafix from 2001 - why does quick loading take so long? My Pentium 200Mhz with 32MB of RAM did it faster in 1998, are you kidding me? It's like Pyro studios were overtaken by body snatchers who had no idea how to make a game and this is what they came up with for the sequel. And this convoluted mess is fan favorite how and why? Only god knows.