Please tell me all I’m reading is not true....

burnyourdream

So I purchased Hitman 2 the standard, physical edition on clearance for $14.99 at the end of January. The 21st to be exact. I had already owned the physical edition of the first one so of course I have all the legacy packs downloaded. Waiting for the expansion pack to go on sale again. Which I know I missed it by a few days. But I’ve been working through the rest of the game casually, but I’m now reading in order to get the expansion pack you must have the gold edition. Then others say it can be downloaded separately. And that it’s just a season pass that gives users who have the standard edition the gold edition. I guess what I’m trying to ask. If I have the standard edition I can still download the expansion separately and still get this DLC without owning the gold edition? Right? Otherwise, I wouldn’t have ended up buying this game in the first place. Can anyone confirm that it works with the standard edition and not just exclusive to gold edition owners. Please and thank you. I would really like to 100% this once I’m done doing 100% on the first list. 

If you made a ioi account (it's free) you can check the store there for all versions and dlc for all the Hitman games. I bought gold editions and digital deluxe to support the developer but I'm sure you can upgrade the regular editions through the store.

I would check for you but I had to uninstall Hitman 3 because of the tiny SSD in my PS5, too many games - so little time ;)

Yeah you just need to buy the season pass for hitman 2 to get the dlc maps, if that's the question you're asking. It's in sale usually when hitman 2 is.

I hope so, and hope I don’t have to rebuy the digital gold edition and then purchase the expansion. Because to me that didn’t make any sense. I’m thinking some people just don’t know how to access it once they download it. But I read two reviews on Amazon and two people were pretty upset. Saying that they couldn’t use the expansion after buying it because they only had the standard editions. And that Sony doesn’t tell you that blah, blah, blah.

19 minutes ago, burnyourdream said:

I hope so, and hope I don’t have to rebuy the digital gold edition and then purchase the expansion. Because to me that didn’t make any sense. I’m thinking some people just don’t know how to access it once they download it. But I read two reviews on Amazon and two people were pretty upset. Saying that they couldn’t use the expansion after buying it because they only had the standard editions. And that Sony doesn’t tell you that blah, blah, blah.

I bought the regular edition originally and bought the season pass a few months later. I ended up getting all of the dlc. You should be good