Running Faster

Started playing this yesterday and really enjoying it so far, the game is pretty funny as well. I thought I had got the controls figured out and felt comfortable controlling the dad, but that was until I got to the part where you have to run away from the sushi guy, I'm actually moving so slow and can't get him to speed up, does anyone have any tips for moving faster?

There's a kind of a rhythm to it - it's difficult to explain, but you actually end up going faster by pressing less often - it's sort of about trying to go with the slowly increasing momentum, and making sure you are releasing early enough that you aren't dragging yourself back

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

There's a kind of a rhythm to it - it's difficult to explain, but you actually end up going faster by pressing less often - it's sort of about trying to go with the slowly increasing momentum, and making sure you are releasing early enough that you aren't dragging yourself back

that makes sense, at the moment I constantly press the leg buttons pretty fast one after another, the legs are pretty much squashed down

Just now, LukeTheGooner said:

that makes sense, at the moment I constantly press the leg buttons pretty fast one after another, the legs are pretty much squashed down

Yeah, try taking it a little easier, and finding a more steady rhythm, but make no mistake - when you get up to a certain speed, you will be pretty much completely out of control, and it's just a case of flailing around and hoping you go in somewhat the right direction!

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yeah, try taking it a little easier, and finding a more steady rhythm, but make no mistake - when you get up to a certain speed, you will be pretty much completely out of control, and it's just a case of flailing around and hoping you go in somewhat the right direction!

as funny as this sounds I'm going to practice running round the shop first, pressing the buttons slower