Is there a way to leave insta-kill until end game?

Ocean_CJ

I am talking about Ryuji's Confidant, Chariot. At Rank 7, you get Insta-kill, which lets you skip battle when you ambush an enemy. Great, right?

WRONG!

If you insta-kill an enemy, all you get is one of the Persona you would have had to negotiate for. You get no EXP, no money, and no item drops. This is so stupidly frustrating because you WANT those things like that. Other Confidant abilities(Sun Max Rank) let you skip negotiation in battle, so this ability is useless and only makes you forever underleveled after Palace 4, making you die every time you fight bosses, you can never fuse or even BUY Persona because you are forever poor unless you farm breakables for treasures, which requires you to viist Palaces multiple times since the breakables take forever to respawn, and worst of all, you can never make any thief tools unless you floor hop in Mementos because you will never get any materials from enemies because YOU KEEP INSTA-KILLING THEM AND GET NOTHING BUT DAMN PERSONAS! Worse, it fills your slots up and when they are full, you get NOTHING, the Persona is discarded. So you're stuck getting nothing from insta-kill except for skipping the battle, meaning once you get insta-kill, say hello to Low Level running because you'll never get past Level 40 unless you farm the Reaper. Thank god the Flu Exploit is there because otherwise you will be slaughtered... oh wait, he's Level 80 and one-shots you with Megidoloan because you are so underleveled so you can't survive long enough for Despair to kill him.

In other words, Insta-Kill is the worst confidant ability ever if you get it. I've tried all sorts of tricks to try NOT to ambush enemies but no matter how I try, the only way to avoid ambushing enemies is to tlet them spot me, which is bad because that raises the security level and in this version, if Security Level hits 100%, Morgana kicks you out of the palace and you have to wait a week to get back in, and remember, you don't have a week - if you don't fight the final boss and delete the palace before the deadline, you get a bad ending and are kicked back a week, losing all progress you made then.

So the obvious answer to this problem? Drop this piece of **** like a hot topic and just platinum Persona 5 ROYAL - Insta-Kill is fixed there so (1) you only trigger it by dashing into an enemy, not ambushing them, so if you want to ambush an enemy and fight it, you can. But (2) you don't have to - if you insta-kill, you get full loot from the battle; EXP, money and item drops. That makes Palaces after the second so much faster to get through. (Of course, you have to be 10 levels higher than the enemy's average level but once you get to Level 30 in Palace 3, you're good.)

However, the other solution is to avoid getting Chariot past Level 6 until the final palace. However, that's a problem because every max confidant guide I read has you max Chariot after Palace 2, which means you get Insta-Kill by Palace 3. Is this because Ryuji can only be hung out with in school and once you reach Palace 5, you have few school days?

Maybe I should go platinum Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom for the time being, much less frustration. :( Anyone know where I can find a Confidant guide so I can start the game over and try to get Chariot to Rank 7 late game?

- You get more money on an easier difficulty. Switch to Easy for grinding purposes or the whole game.

- Some tool materials have low drop rates by default.

- Iirc, equipping Joker with a low-level Persona will negate Insta-kill to some degree. But I could be mixing this up with other Persona games.

- I don't recall it being difficult to attack enemies normally. Just wait for them to turn around.

- I can't help with late-game Chariot rank, but it's not impossible. There are some chunks of time where you can't interact with school-related Confidants, and while Ryuji's is especially easy to max out, rank 7 is gated by specific dates, which is why most guides prioritize it early on. Shouldn't be too difficult to coordinate if you plan ahead.

edit: Can't you ride around in Mementos and slowly run into enemies in the Mona car without raising the security level? Or at least I think it's easier to attack enemies normally. Been a while since I played but I thought I'd mention it.

Edited by seiyuuki

7 hours ago, seiyuuki said:

- You get more money on an easier difficulty. Switch to Easy for grinding purposes or the whole game.

- Some tool materials have low drop rates by default.

- Iirc, equipping Joker with a low-level Persona will negate Insta-kill to some degree. But I could be mixing this up with other Persona games.

- I don't recall it being difficult to attack enemies normally. Just wait for them to turn around.

- I can't help with late-game Chariot rank, but it's not impossible. There are some chunks of time where you can't interact with school-related Confidants, and while Ryuji's is especially easy to max out, rank 7 is gated by specific dates, which is why most guides prioritize it early on. Shouldn't be too difficult to coordinate if you plan ahead.

edit: Can't you ride around in Mementos and slowly run into enemies in the Mona car without raising the security level? Or at least I think it's easier to attack enemies normally. Been a while since I played but I thought I'd mention it.

I'm on Safe already, which is the easiest difficulty. But I'll try using a low-level Persona. Also, I am pretty slow on the uptake.

Mementos has no security level due to story reasons. (Since it's the Palace of all humanity, getting spotted by enemies won't alert the distortion of all humanity.)

Thanks for the help. Also, I like how your avatar is Yusuke. ^_^

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...