Kills not counting towards DLC content

basil_flash

Trying to go legit for the DLC guns and have to get certain amount of kills (Gewehr M95 Carbine for example). I played a game of Operations, got a number of kills with the gun, but the % on the gun to unlock hasn't gone up at all. Is there a glitch? Or is there a workaround? It happened with another gun too.

1 hour ago, basil_flash said:

Trying to go legit for the DLC guns and have to get certain amount of kills (Gewehr M95 Carbine for example). I played a game of Operations, got a number of kills with the gun, but the % on the gun to unlock hasn't gone up at all. Is there a glitch? Or is there a workaround? It happened with another gun too.

Typically when this happens it's only on a custom server when too many things have been changed. In that case it won't track any kills made by a weapon nor give XP for the kills.

Since you said it's happened in Operations though, that should be an official server. The only couple reasons I can think of it not working is

1. Your weapon did not actually kill them. (You must be the final hit for the kill, getting an assist as a kill also doesn't count.)

2. If you leave a match early before it finishes or if for some reason the match resets before it is finished it may not save the stat tracking properly. (This happened to me several times unlocking the weapons.)

3. The kills were done in pre-round. (Okay now this one sounds stupid, but honestly I've seen people try to farm kills in pre-round before. So I'm just gonna say right now that no kills in pre-round count.)

12 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Typically when this happens it's only on a custom server when too many things have been changed. In that case it won't track any kills made by a weapon nor give XP for the kills.

Since you said it's happened in Operations though, that should be an official server. The only couple reasons I can think of it not working is

1. Your weapon did not actually kill them. (You must be the final hit for the kill, getting an assist as a kill also doesn't count.)

2. If you leave a match early before it finishes or if for some reason the match resets before it is finished it may not save the stat tracking properly. (This happened to me several times unlocking the weapons.)

3. The kills were done in pre-round. (Okay now this one sounds stupid, but honestly I've seen people try to farm kills in pre-round before. So I'm just gonna say right now that no kills in pre-round count.)

Thank you for your response. So yeah, it was in a normal server, not a custom one.

1. I got lots of kills, both final hit and assists, so this can't be it.

2. I don't *think* I left any matches early, but I was playing for a good few hours so I think it should've just ended naturally for each game.

3. I'm unsure what pre-round is... but I think I was in the main game.

I'm going to try again in a different game mode, see if that helps. Otherwise I'll have to get someone to boost.

Edit: Got it working now. I didn't realise my Turning Tides DLC wasn't installed. It said owned, like the others, but wasn't actually installed like they were. Got an "assist counts as kill" and it went up!

Edited by basil_flash
  • Like 1

On 20/03/2021 at 9:07 AM, basil_flash said:

Thank you for your response. So yeah, it was in a normal server, not a custom one.

1. I got lots of kills, both final hit and assists, so this can't be it.

2. I don't *think* I left any matches early, but I was playing for a good few hours so I think it should've just ended naturally for each game.

3. I'm unsure what pre-round is... but I think I was in the main game.

I'm going to try again in a different game mode, see if that helps. Otherwise I'll have to get someone to boost.

Edit: Got it working now. I didn't realise my Turning Tides DLC wasn't installed. It said owned, like the others, but wasn't actually installed like they were. Got an "assist counts as kill" and it went up!

Glad it was easy to fix. And yeah that visual glitch usually happens when you own the Premium Pass. It may show in-game sometimes as owned/purchased but you still need to download he expansions from each store page.

And pre-round is the time where it says "waiting for players" on screen. Usually in most matches you can spawn till the required number appears. And kill others and stuff but I know alot of people use to wrongly confuse those kills during that time as counting.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...