Edition Clarification

Hey so I figured I would create this topic to not only give me clarity but also to others in the future who might have the same questions. I could not find a physical version of this game but hopefully I can find one in the future. Fourtunetly the game is currently on sale digitally and I plan to pick it up but I'm a bit confused about the diffrent editions.

From my current understanding the three editions are...

-Attack on Titan 2 = Base Game

-Attack on Titan 2 Deluxe Edition = Base Game + 20 DLC Costumes

-Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle = Base Game + Final Battle Upgrade

Now my main question is that if I buy the Final Battle edition of the game I get everything from the base game and the upgrade, no need to buy the upgrade separately. But it doesn't say anything about the other DLC like the costumes and bonus episodes are they all included or do I also have to buy those separately. My plan is to get everything eventually but I don't want to accidentally screw myself over by buying something I didn't need or buying something twice.

So really what I'm asking is what would be the best way for me to get the game. My plan is to get the Final Battle edition. Is that okay, will I need to buy the extra episodes and costumes separately and would this mess up getting a physical version later I just want to play the whole game, have the whole experience and have fun so please help in clarifying my questions.

Thank you.

Final Battle is literally the original base game plus the new expansion which adds the third season. You don't get the costumes or the extra missions, they're sold as extras. 

If buying physically, as long as it's in the same region, then you'll be fine. The saves will work as normal and the expansion will, you'll just have to delete it and install the disc instead (if you chose to run it off the disc for some reason).

Also, unless you really want to collect it, you may as well just buy the AOT2 physical because, as far as I'm aware, the FB edition simply has a code in the box for the expansion and the disc just contains the same as the original version.

• 10 months later...
On 4/3/2021 at 11:29 PM, turniplord said:

Final Battle is literally the original base game plus the new expansion which adds the third season. You don't get the costumes or the extra missions, they're sold as extras. 

If buying physically, as long as it's in the same region, then you'll be fine. The saves will work as normal and the expansion will, you'll just have to delete it and install the disc instead (if you chose to run it off the disc for some reason).

Also, unless you really want to collect it, you may as well just buy the AOT2 physical because, as far as I'm aware, the FB edition simply has a code in the box for the expansion and the disc just contains the same as the original version.

I just got a copy of AOT 2 Final Battle physical and the Final Battle DLC was on the disc, not a code.

Edited by FrostyMcNugs
  • Like 1