Mortal Kombat (2021) - Spoilers beware

Eraezr

Surprised no one has made a thread on this yet. I saw the movie tonight. For a $50 million budget, I am impressed by the mileage of fidelity the production crew accomplished. There could have been parts where the lore would be skimped for less expensive sequences - yet the movie keeps at trying to be faithful. 

The bar isn't high for fighting games silver screen adaptations but this one is the best thing we got now from the subgenre and I would encourage (if you can) to support the movie. If interest is shown to the studio, we may get more adaptations for the fighting game movies (with faithfulness), a sequel with a better production budget.

Oh and before anyone starts on the trite (and untrue); 'A good video game adaptation hasn't happened', you ought to know that a solid and good adaptation has been conceived more than a decade ago. It's called Silent Hill (2006) and was directed by a fan of the series. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384537/

Edited by Eraezr

no one getting bored of all these cgi green screen stuff yet.Me unless they fix invasion boss in mkx idgaf about this cgi infested thing.

And i also wanted to add that my wife is hyped about it even though all she knows from the franchise is get over here,and when she heard it in the tralier she was like yaeh totally gonna wathc

Edited by Lapin2paq
Reason for edit