Best fishing game on ps4?

Kwotey

Ive been interested for a while to get into a fishing game as i have a keen interest but never fished.

Would this be accessible to me? how bad is the learning curve??

Is this the best fishing game on ps4?

Any help would be appreciated =) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I play two fishing games: (1) Fishing Sim World Pro Tour Collector's Edition, and (2) Rapala Pro Series. I bought the Collector's Edition of the Pro Tour because it includes the base game as well as many of the add-ons, lakes, gear, etc. I have not been disappointed with the game at all. The graphics are incredible, there are several game modes to choose from, custom tackle boxes that you can create, and plenty of fishing. I highly recommend watching the full tutorial to learn the basics, especially the controls for fishing and fighting the fish. Once you learn, it's just mastering the controls. You start on the amateur tour, and then have the opportunity to move into pro and elite tours. I finished the first amateur season and could move into the pro tour, but I'm making another run through the amateurs to get better at the craft. :) The different series--Bass, Carp, and Predator--all present their own challenges, especially the Predator series. "Tackle Points" in Fishing Sim World is what you need to buy more and upgraded gear, and getting into the pro and elite tours the upgrades will make all the difference. 

Rapala Pro Series is also very good. You'll spend time earning in-game money through the single player fishing objectives/challenges to earn the money you need to upgrade gear and purchase all the lures in the game. There are live daily challenges that you can compete for additional in-game money. The controls do need to be learned, as you have to learn the retrievals for each specific lure, and then fighting the fish--especially the lunkers--will take a lot of time and patience. I fought a massive lake trout for over 20 minutes real time and finally gave up. I just didn't have strong enough line to get him even close to the boat. Upgrading gear is vital.  

Choose one, or both...and have fun. I AM! :) 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2021 at 4:44 PM, bradyglen5 said:

I play two fishing games: (1) Fishing Sim World Pro Tour Collector's Edition, and (2) Rapala Pro Series. I bought the Collector's Edition of the Pro Tour because it includes the base game as well as many of the add-ons, lakes, gear, etc. I have not been disappointed with the game at all. The graphics are incredible, there are several game modes to choose from, custom tackle boxes that you can create, and plenty of fishing. I highly recommend watching the full tutorial to learn the basics, especially the controls for fishing and fighting the fish. Once you learn, it's just mastering the controls. You start on the amateur tour, and then have the opportunity to move into pro and elite tours. I finished the first amateur season and could move into the pro tour, but I'm making another run through the amateurs to get better at the craft. :) The different series--Bass, Carp, and Predator--all present their own challenges, especially the Predator series. "Tackle Points" in Fishing Sim World is what you need to buy more and upgraded gear, and getting into the pro and elite tours the upgrades will make all the difference. 

Rapala Pro Series is also very good. You'll spend time earning in-game money through the single player fishing objectives/challenges to earn the money you need to upgrade gear and purchase all the lures in the game. There are live daily challenges that you can compete for additional in-game money. The controls do need to be learned, as you have to learn the retrievals for each specific lure, and then fighting the fish--especially the lunkers--will take a lot of time and patience. I fought a massive lake trout for over 20 minutes real time and finally gave up. I just didn't have strong enough line to get him even close to the boat. Upgrading gear is vital.  

Choose one, or both...and have fun. I AM! :) 

Woah didn't think anyone would reply. 

Thanks for the info. I bought fishing sim Pro tour edition but haven't started it yet.. I'll pick up rapala at some point too ?