What an Awful Game

Mr_Tenno777

Star Trek 2013 is a generic third person shooter that tries to combine Gears of War and Army of Two but fails miserably. Here is why I did not enjoy the game at all. 

Story

The plot is nothing really meaning but it is suitable for a episode of Star Trek for the older series of TV shows. Note I know nothing about the series aside from watching the 2009 reboot and Into Darkness (aside from enjoying the 2009 film) so please bear in mind about. The game's environments fell like the franchise for the most part, and it does a good job modernizing the Gron (in my eyes), which form I read, the Gron is a iconic villain from the original TV series. Voice acting is decent, and I have no complaints aside from one side character being just plain unlikable, getting people killed. 

Graphics

Graphically, it is not good. The game launched in 2013, the year we saw games like The Last of Us, GTA V, Battlefield 4, Far Cry Blood Dragon, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, etc. 

The game just looks very blurry with crappy textures, and just plain bad character models.

Gameplay 

Gameplay, like I said is a generic shooter. The first level aside from the prologue is boring, really lacks any intense moments that bogged down by boring switches with puzzles are just bland and generic, and I will say generic quite a bit. 

When you get to shoot the Gron, you notice it just a standard shooter aside from the sheild recovering being from Halo 1. You get weapons are are the generic ones you seen in other shooters like one of them being a generic close range shotgun, you are in a linear patch, and there are some unskipable cut scenes, which is a stupid thing that is there. 

The AI is completely stupid, as they will just stand there at times for a few seconds there for you to shoot them dead.  Your AI buddy is also awfully dumb as it can just sudicide to the sentry guns (on PC), and their idiotodicy can lead to some frustrating moments. 

And speaking of the machine sentries, they are overpowered, even on easy. Those can shread you like flies pretty fast. You can hack it, but even hacked, if you are doing a secondary objective that requires stealth, they will be altered no matter what. 

And the stealth is pretty useless as you can shoot them with out a problem. 

If you are a Star Trek fan or a dude who likes shooters, dont play it. The plot is fine and mostly fells like Star Trek, but the gameplay is a different story. 

If you want to go ahead to go and earn trophies go ahead. Note the game is delisted, so you may want to grab a copy of the game online.

• Like 1