How I Found Missing Scout Logs in Endgame

Gojmo

Like many players, I've been frustrated rerunning biomes trying to find the last collectibles to get the biome survey trophies.

After a few unsuccessful reruns of biome 1, I did something that I think may have helped trigger the spawning of logs 9 & 30, which I finally found in a single run: I closed the game and restarted my PS5.

That may sound crazy, but I don't think it's just dumb luck. I am in the endgame state, having completed Act 3, and had already tried numerous runs through 1-3 that came up empty. After a full system restart, log 9 literally spawned behind the very first blue door I encountered in biome 1. In the very same run I searched all possible rooms in the first 3 biomes, and found log 30 in the final room before the switch that activates the bridge to the citadel. I'm still missing some ciphers for biomes 2 & 3, and didn't find any in the run, but those were the only 2 logs I still needed for the first three biomes.

My theory is there could be something in the game's RNG that's initialized on startup, and possibly isn't reset unless the game is fully closed or even then maybe it's somehow cached in the PS5 and the restart cleared it. If you've been playing like me and exclusively using rest mode due to the lack of checkpoints, it could be the restart refreshed whatever's used for the game's RNG seeding and the necessary rooms for the logs had better spawning odds?

Can't say for sure, but if you're still struggling to track down these things down maybe give this a try, I hope it works for you too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gojmo said:

Like many players, I've been frustrated rerunning biomes trying to find the last collectibles to get the biome survey trophies.

After a few unsuccessful reruns of biome 1, I did something that I think may have helped trigger the spawning of logs 9 & 30, which I finally found in a single run: I closed the game and restarted my PS5.

That may sound crazy, but I don't think it's just dumb luck. I am in the endgame state, having completed Act 3, and had already tried numerous runs through 1-3 that came up empty. After a full system restart, log 9 literally spawned behind the very first blue door I encountered in biome 1. In the very same run I searched all possible rooms in the first 3 biomes, and found log 30 in the final room before the switch that activates the bridge to the citadel. I'm still missing some ciphers for biomes 2 & 3, and didn't find any in the run, but those were the only 2 logs I still needed for the first three biomes.

My theory is there could be something in the game's RNG that's initialized on startup, and possibly isn't reset unless the game is fully closed or even then maybe it's somehow cached in the PS5 and the restart cleared it. If you've been playing like me and exclusively using rest mode due to the lack of checkpoints, it could be the restart refreshed whatever's used for the game's RNG seeding and the necessary rooms for the logs had better spawning odds?

Can't say for sure, but if you're still struggling to track down these things down maybe give this a try, I hope it works for you too!

Honestly that might be a good idea since I feel like every run through the Fractured Wastes gives me a 99% same run, with a different, useless room with nothing in it