How different is the PS version compared to the Steam/PC version?

JourneySilvers

I used to play this game a ton with a friend or two on Steam, now that I'm investing a ton of time into playing console I was wondering how different they are? I've heard that the PS version is completely different from the Steam version or that there was some kind of licensing issue? Is this version still getting updates? 

I've also played a ton of 7 Days on PC before giving the PS4 version a go. It's still a fun game, but this is a very old version of the game. The console versions haven't had an update since 2017. PS4 is more or less running A15.2, with the newest PC version being A19.4. So sadly there are some massive differences. Pretty much every system (skills, crafting, XP, building, zombie spawning, map generation, UI, graphics, etc. etc) in the game have had multiple reworks that console is missing out on; as well as the electric system is missing (and all related items), many weapons, all vehicles missing other than the minibike, many building items, many many many buildings, player count is still capped at 4, and all the bug fixes are missing too.

It's still 7 Days to Die, but it's abandoned.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Reece_Bullet said:

I've also played a ton of 7 Days on PC before giving the PS4 version a go. It's still a fun game, but this is a very old version of the game. The console versions haven't had an update since 2017. PS4 is more or less running A15.2, with the newest PC version being A19.4. So sadly there are some massive differences. Pretty much every system (skills, crafting, XP, building, zombie spawning, map generation, UI, graphics, etc. etc) in the game have had multiple reworks that console is missing out on; as well as the electric system is missing (and all related items), many weapons, all vehicles missing other than the minibike, many building items, many many many buildings, player count is still capped at 4, and all the bug fixes are missing too.

It's still 7 Days to Die, but it's abandoned.

Man, that sucks. The game is pretty fun over on PC so I wish the PS version would get the same support and love. Thanks for letting me know, I might just stick with the PC version for now 

• Like 1