Flare Gun does NOT disqualify "Firearms Registry"

greyestfox

The guide for the "Firearms Registry" trophy says shooting the flare gun will disqualify the player from the trophy. Specifically it says "For this trophy, you need to playthrough the whole of the game WITHOUT firing a single shot. This includes any shots from the Flare Gun,...." I can confirm that this is not the case.

There is a separate trophy for shooting the flare gun into the sky called "A star in the night". On my second playthrough I didn't have either of these trophies and chose to shoot the flare gun to get that trophy thinking I'd have to do a third playthrough to get "Firearms Registry" and Platinum but as the final cutscene played I was pleasantly surprised to see the "Firearms Registry" and Platinum trophies pop.

Important Note: I did not test shooting the flare gun at the wolves or any other enemy. That may count separately and shooting towards an enemy may disqualify you from the "Firearms Registry" trophy so stick to the melee options when encountering enemies. I think I only shot the flare gun once so be careful not to get trigger happy as that might affect the trophy. 

Overall, this means that if you don't mind spoiling your first playthrough, you could get Platinum in one playthrough if you carefully follow available guides.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The guide here: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6590-kona-trophy-guide

Has a link on the top that says Comments. Click it to see and leave comments.

The authors names are listed and you can search for an authors/members name by choosing Member Search and putting their name in the forums search box. 

Thanks! I commented there and I'll delete this and use those comments in the future if I find something like this again.