Rival Schooled.. sigh

Ok so… I’m up to this , I’ve beat all my opponents as well as the 6 alternate rivals, but the trophy hasn’t popped.

This was on hardest difficulty. So I’ve then replayed on medium with E Honda and multiple others.. nothing yet.

One thing I did on my first run was use Zangief , and play up until and lose his rival round.. I get to the select screen and either play primary or secondary rival (with L2 , and that works). But should I really need to lose before the rival round to then take the player I’m working on into it ? Make sense ?

31 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I'm pretty sure you have to choose and play as that character until the final round. No Zangief-ing it I'm afraid.

Or at least that's how I remember it.

Is that true ? Oh man

bit the guide alludes to the entitlelist exploit with Zangief doing it on hardest .. did I read this completely wrong ?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/95-super-street-fighter-iv/20-rival-schooled

Edited by JWill_55

It was quite a while ago but, did you properly defeat your rival and then complete the game/lose to Seth?

I don't think you can just quit to the menu after the fight you have to finish properly or get a game over. You probably aren't doing that and playing properly, just thought I would mention it anyway.

That link you mentioned says

" If that doesn't work then the only thing you can do is keep re-doing Arcade Mode on Medium difficulty with different characters until you get this trophy. "

So I guess, erm just keep playing and hope it pops later.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

It was quite a while ago but, did you properly defeat your rival and then complete the game/lose to Seth?

I don't think you can just quit to the menu after the fight. You probably aren't doing that, just thought I would mention it.

That link you mentioned says

" If that doesn't work then the only thing you can do is keep re-doing Arcade Mode on Medium difficulty with different characters until you get this trophy. "

So I guess, erm just keep playing and hope it pops later.

Thanks man.. going to re-do them again I guess… no Zangief … stick to

medium and pray for the best. Sigh.

• Like 1

It was Dudley… unreal.. he was one of the last ones I did , yet had to do him again. I had a checklist and everything. 

plat achieved. 

To note anyone trying to do this, you can Zangief every round including rivalry round where you’d lose and re-select your candidate character to beat their rival. I did this on hardest first time around and replayed a few characters on medium until it finally popped with Dudley. 

Edited by JWill_55