This game disappeared from the Brazilian store.

Burritoprime

Hey y'all I remember seeing this game when it was release in the Brazilian store but I didn't get it at the time because I was low on cash, I even have the price written down as I like to keep tabs on games I want, it went on sale but when I changed to the Brazilian version of the store I noticed it was gone, I know some games are not released in certain regions because of licensing issues but this one was released then pulled out, does anyone know what happened? I'm really bummed out, I always wanted to play these classics...

6 minutes ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

Are other games that are affiliated with Wizards of the Coast gone too?

That's what is weird only this collection was affected the other Baldur's Gate is available.

3 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

That's what is weird only this collection was affected the other Baldur's Gate is available.

I just looked up the Baldur's Gate publishers and there are tons. The licencing is probably really complicated with that many companies having a hand in.  Beamdog is what's listed on the NA store right now. Maybe it's an issue with that publisher? Maybe they had a deal with another publisher in Brazil that expired?

7 minutes ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

I just looked up the Baldur's Gate publishers and there are tons. The licencing is probably really complicated with that many companies having a hand in.  Beamdog is what's listed on the NA store right now. Maybe it's an issue with that publisher? Maybe they had a deal with another publisher in Brazil that expired?

Your guess is good as mine, does this collection have a physical version? I rather buy digital because I'm living in a small town and getting games that are not popular is pretty hard to find so I'll have to buy it on the internet which I'd rather not since I had problems in my PS3 days when some games arrived damaged and it was a hassle to get a new copy and weeks of waiting.

6 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Your guess is good as mine, does this collection have a physical version? I rather buy digital because I'm living in a small town and getting games that are not popular is pretty hard to find so I'll have to buy it on the internet which I'd rather not since I had problems in my PS3 days when some games arrived damaged and it was a hassle to get a new copy and weeks of waiting.

It does for PS4. I just found one for 20USD easily. Check and see if Neverwinter Nights or the bundle that has Planescape Torment is gone too. If those aren't gone too it's a real mystery!

Damn those two are also gone, tbh I don't think I have ever seen them on the store and they were also published by Beamdog, Dark Alliance is available but the publisher is Square One so it's definitely shenanigans with Beamdog some shit must have happened and the games under them were removed...that sucks but it is what is, I'll buy the physical version, are the games you mentioned good?  I didn't grow up playing PC so these games are foreign to me but I really like the table top RPG approach they have in the narrative, ( I watched a bit on Youtube) would you recommend?

7 minutes ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

I haven't played Neverwinter Nights yet, but I played a lot of Planescape Torment on PC. It is very very good. I played a lot of both Baldur's Gate games and actually preferred Planescape, but that is my favorite DnD setting so I am biased :)

I watched a bit on Youtube seems really interesting I'm gonna buy all 3 on the webs, one last thing I really wanted to play an RTS do you know of a good one or similar in style for PS4?

1 minute ago, Sunnyburrito said:

I watched a bit on Youtube seems really interesting I'm gonna buy all 3 on the webs, one last thing I really wanted to play an RTS do you know of a good one or similar in style for PS4?

I can't help you with RTS games. They never really clicked with me. I wouldn't be opposed to trying one if I got a good recommendation though :)

10 minutes ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

I can't help you with RTS games. They never really clicked with me. I wouldn't be opposed to trying one if I got a good recommendation though :)

I see, no problem you already helped a lot thanks for answering all my questions, have a good night buddy.