Transferring Games from 2tB External HD to 5tB External HD

Trixter_Loki

Hi folks,  Hope all are well.

I am hoping that you can assist with transferring games from 2tB external HD to 5tB external HD.  Simply put, I am almost out of space on my 2tB external and want to copy games to a 5tB external.

• My internal PS4 storage is 500 gB.
  • I'm aware that I can delete games on the 2 tB external drive to make space...but I don't want to, lol.
  • I'm aware that I could simply download games from the cloud to the 5tB, but again don't want to, lol
  • I'm aware that two external drives can be plugged into the PS4, but only one can be accessed at a time.
  • From my research, I have concluded that the one option is:

1.   Copy/move the PS4 internal games (500 gB) to the 5 tB drive 

2.   Plug the 2 tB drive and copy some to the ps4 Internal drive(500 gB)

3.   Repeat 1 and 2 until all games have been transferred

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.  Thank you very much!

• Like 1

I recently were able to acquire a 8TB external, I basically just downloaded everything again, I had a 4TB. The best you can do if you don't want to download everything again is your method only but its going to take a lot more time. I've looked into cloning but that's not successful at all. Good luck.

32 minutes ago, Trixter_Loki said:

1.   Copy/move the PS4 internal games (500 gB) to the 5 tB drive 

2.   Plug the 2 tB drive and copy some to the ps4 Internal drive(500 gB)

3.   Repeat 1 and 2 until all games have been transferred

That's unfortunately the only way to do it. Sucks, I know. I have a 2TB external as well that only has 2GB left free, because I have too many games, and I'm too lazy to redownload and reinstall games to a new one.

I also bought a 5TB external HDD last year during black Friday sales, in case my 2TB ever dies, or I'll use it with the PS5 when I eventually get one. The PS5 in general is gonna be another nightmare when it comes to storage and games that are just far too big.

• Like 1