Have the required scores for S-ranks been changed between the PC and PS4 editions?

papert0wng1rl

I was struggling a bit with a level and decided to look up the video about obtaining S-ranks on Normal difficulty that was linked in the guide. The original walkthrough is from a PC version, and I cannot see how the original poster could so easily get top rank when he wasn't even doing many special moves like mid-air kills and such. His score was 323,000 and change on completion, and he got an S. My personal best so far is 324,000 and some but I am still ranked A. Did they change the score requirements between ports? I'm at a loss at what I am doing wrong, as I am consistently just a tiny sliver away from maxing out the bar, but I do special kills every chance I get, max out the score multiplier with uninterrupted combo, fly through the level without a second wasted, and receive a no-death bonus. I'm sure I just need to polish the run a bit more, and maybe slightly trim focus use on each kill, but the discrepancies in scores are kind of odd.

18 hours ago, papert0wng1rl said:

I was struggling a bit with a level and decided to look up the video about obtaining S-ranks on Normal difficulty that was linked in the guide. The original walkthrough is from a PC version, and I cannot see how the original poster could so easily get top rank when he wasn't even doing many special moves like mid-air kills and such. His score was 323,000 and change on completion, and he got an S. My personal best so far is 324,000 and some but I am still ranked A. Did they change the score requirements between ports? I'm at a loss at what I am doing wrong, as I am consistently just a tiny sliver away from maxing out the bar, but I do special kills every chance I get, max out the score multiplier with uninterrupted combo, fly through the level without a second wasted, and receive a no-death bonus. I'm sure I just need to polish the run a bit more, and maybe slightly trim focus use on each kill, but the discrepancies in scores are kind of odd.

score may vary because of time, combo and kills.
try to go for best moves (like kick a knife, kick corpse, make ricochet kills, try explosive kills), be fast (in some levels be 1 sec faster make the difference) and use the weapons wich give you more points (for example shotgun is better than pistol, the rifle is better than shotgun...).

• Like 2