Do 3rd party controllers work for launching guardians?

I tried it with my TTX Tech PS3 wired controller and i could not get it to work.
The in game instructions said to shake the controller but it never worked.

When I used my official Sony PS3 controller I can launch the guardians very easily.

I was wondering if there is a setting or something I'm not doing right with the TTX Tech controller.
Are there other games that use this 'shake' mechanic of the PS3 controller?

Edited by sweeping-lamp3
grammar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 15/08/2021 at 2:21 AM, sweeping-lamp3 said:

I tried it with my TTX Tech PS3 wired controller and i could not get it to work.
The in game instructions said to shake the controller but it never worked.

When I used my official Sony PS3 controller I can launch the guardians very easily.

I was wondering if there is a setting or something I'm not doing right with the TTX Tech controller.
Are there other games that use this 'shake' mechanic of the PS3 controller?

I know this is late but 3rd party controllers don't work? I've been trying for an hour. Can't get when Elephants fly pin.

Edited by zaibro

11 hours ago, zaibro said:

I know this is late but 3rd party controllers don't work? I've been trying for an hour. Can't get when Elephants fly pin.

It didn't work for the third party controller I was using.  However, another player above had a third party controller work for them.

I had to use my old PS3 controller with the drift for only during the tutorial for launching guardians.  If I'm remembering correctly, I was able to do the rest of the game with the third party controller except for that one moment in the game where it was teaching me on how to launch guardians.  Launching guardians wasn't really a make or break mechanic for me to get all the trophies.

Edited by sweeping-lamp3
  • Like 1