New Game + Question after file transfer

Rincewind--x

So, I have the Ps4 platinum (base game only, none of the extras.) 

My plan was to import my save, grab the ps5 platinum but start a new game + run on my ps5 to play through the story again and the new Island. So I'd grab the new game + trophies and all the new island trophies on ps5 (I don't care about them not unlocking for my ps4 list.) 

Does anyone know if that will ruin the dlc for me? I don't want to be overpowered to the point that the new areas of the game don't offer any challenge at all. 

Thanks 

28 minutes ago, Wigan_Stu said:

So, I have the Ps4 platinum (base game only, none of the extras.) 

My plan was to import my save, grab the ps5 platinum but start a new game + run on my ps5 to play through the story again and the new Island. So I'd grab the new game + trophies and all the new island trophies on ps5 (I don't care about them not unlocking for my ps4 list.) 

Does anyone know if that will ruin the dlc for me? I don't want to be overpowered to the point that the new areas of the game don't offer any challenge at all. 

Thanks 

No, you likely won't be.  From what I've read the dlc is quite a bit more difficult then the main story and on NG+ all difficulties are bumped up to their + versions which is tougher than the vanilla difficulties.  You could also always play on hard+ or lethal+ for a greater challenge.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake2410 said:

No, you likely won't be.  From what I've read the dlc is quite a bit more difficult then the main story and on NG+ all difficulties are bumped up to their + versions which is tougher than the vanilla difficulties.  You could also always play on hard+ or lethal+ for a greater challenge.

Ah, I forgot you could change the difficulty!! Thanks for your reply, I'll give it a go on hard+ and see how I go. 

2 hours ago, Wigan_Stu said:

Ah, I forgot you could change the difficulty!! Thanks for your reply, I'll give it a go on hard+ and see how I go. 

I recommend giving Lethal a chance if you feel up to it. It's probably my favorite difficulty in any game I've ever played, and I usually am not a fan of harder difficulties in games.  

• Like 1