Any good?

MMDE

YES! :)

Have you played Terraria? Imagine if it was more than just the one "screen". Imagine if you could travel to space and visit multiple other worlds. Imagine it had a bit more "planned" random. Imagine it had quests and an open story line with multiple paths. Imagine it had electricity, magic, aliens, dragons, animorphing, dystopian worlds and futuristic automation. Imagine you got vehicles and "mounts". This and more is Aground, but there's no MP AFAIK (even if it says so on PSNP).

I really liked playing the game, and there is so many ways to approach the game. There's a lot of side quests and crazy stuff to discover. You will be digging a lot of caves, diving deep in water, explore baren planets, magical worlds and gather resources. You can level up your character and customize it etc. There is at least one way to respec stats in case you feel like you invested something wrong, and it has to do with animorphing... Resource gathering can be automated with villagers and later bots etc. You can play on casual difficulty. The game will take quite a bit of time to play through unless you know exactly what to do, and unfortunately there's scarce info online, so you get the fortunate experience of having to explore it by yourself, and there's a lot to find, so it feels rewarding. The Museum trophy is a bit of a grind I guess, but it really wasn't that bad. I found all spellbooks to be similar tbh. There is a magic colosseum you can refight a lot of bosses with some specific character setup and gear etc. I actually killed a lot of late game bosses that way and got the trophy from doing it there. The actual last boss was easier when I did it with my actual character instead of in the spirit world however. There's so much to do you will easily miss something first time around.

Game takes like 30-100 hours somewhere, all depending on how fast you learn how to progress and farm etc.

Tips:

I think there may be some missable trophies, but I was able to get them all in one playthrough with the scarce info I found about it online. I think what to watch out for to not screw yourself is to not do the dragonblood questline (shady dude living in a basement in the starting village) before getting a space ship. And to not kill last boss (in the center of enemy HQ) before getting all the other trophies (especially bribe the enemy hq, all spellbooks and launch virus, may even need to be done in that order).

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2