Farming the combat trophies

VI_Ulyanov

So according to powerpyx' trophy guide for Andromeda, the combat trophies cannot be farmed via checkpoint reload on the PS, as opposed to the Xbox version. 

Can anyone confirm that this is true? I'm considering replaying Andromeda, this time around with the platinum in mind, but I'd much rather get all those tedious combat trophies out of the way as quickly as possible, even if it meant that I'd had to reload a few strategically placed saves dozens of times.

40 minutes ago, advokata1 said:

So according to powerpyx' trophy guide for Andromeda, the combat trophies cannot be farmed via checkpoint reload on the PS, as opposed to the Xbox version. 

Can anyone confirm that this is true? I'm considering replaying Andromeda, this time around with the platinum in mind, but I'd much rather get all those tedious combat trophies out of the way as quickly as possible, even if it meant that I'd had to reload a few strategically placed saves dozens of times.

Something to consider is there is a difference between reloading a checkpoint, i.e. no story/mission progression is registered and picking up a save, playing it forward through a zone.  I'm not sure if that would make a difference. 

32 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

Something to consider is there is a difference between reloading a checkpoint, i.e. no story/mission progression is registered and picking up a save, playing it forward through a zone.  I'm not sure if that would make a difference. 

Powerpyx only mentions checkpoint restarts, that's about it:

A few of the combat trophies are cumulative, meaning you have to do the same type of kill a certain number of times. Work on them as you play through the game (note: on Xbox One kills can be farmed via checkpoint restart. On PS4 they cannot be farmed and have to be done over the course of the campaign). Some trophies such as “Pinpoint Shot” for hitting 250 enemy weak spots can be very time consuming if you don’t work on them from the beginning.

Edited by advokata1