Bird Brained - Trophy Glitch

I can say with absolute certainty, that this trophy, Bird Brained, did not pop for me when it should have. This was quite easy to track as I played, as only 7 fairly distinct enemies need to be brain bugged, 2 of them being completely unique. As soon as I bugged the final character, Putzki, and it didn't pop, the dread began to set in. I was hoping it would pop during the credits, or post credits. I even re-did the final scene with Putzki to no avail.

The guide here says all characters are accessible from ch8, meaning I have to play the final half if the game again, and hope it works. I gotta say, I hate having my time wasted once, and the second attempt here will not be fun. It will be more like work. A job I'm not even doing for free, but actually paying to do. If the second attempt doesn't work...I uninstall it an try from scratch? Abandon it?....I know some people shrug this stuff off, and some rage. I'm definitely more column "b", but will do my best to keep my ranting at a minimum in situations like this.

Given the incredibly low number of PS4 Rocketbirds owners on this site (97), and the even smaller number who have completed it, I may be the first to encounter this glitch. Just putting it out there.

2 hours ago, COKTOE said:

I can say with absolute certainty, that this trophy, Bird Brained, did not pop for me when it should have. This was quite easy to track as I played, as only 7 fairly distinct enemies need to be brain bugged, 2 of them being completely unique. As soon as I bugged the final character, Putzki, and it didn't pop, the dread began to set in. I was hoping it would pop during the credits, or post credits. I even re-did the final scene with Putzki to no avail.

The guide here says all characters are accessible from ch8, meaning I have to play the final half if the game again, and hope it works. I gotta say, I hate having my time wasted once, and the second attempt here will not be fun. It will be more like work. A job I'm not even doing for free, but actually paying to do. If the second attempt doesn't work...I uninstall it an try from scratch? Abandon it?....I know some people shrug this stuff off, and some rage. I'm definitely more column "b", but will do my best to keep my ranting at a minimum in situations like this.

Given the incredibly low number of PS4 Rocketbirds owners on this site (97), and the even smaller number who have completed it, I may be the first to encounter this glitch. Just putting it out there.

My only guess is you either died after doing 1 before hitting the next checkpoint or you missed 1.

Ive had no issues with the game and I got all the stacks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

My only guess is you either died after doing 1 before hitting the next checkpoint or you missed 1.

Ive had no issues with the game and I got all the stacks.

Hmm. The guide does not stipulate that the player needs to make it to a checkpoint for the brainbugging to register. Other counters in the game don't have that requirement. I got the the one for killing helicopter penguins with their own missiles while dying 3 or 4 times without reaching a checkpoint, and like I outlined in my post, I was quite thorough in managing a very small checklist. You could be right though. I HOPE you are, because I'm going to start from chapter 8 later tonight.

22 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Hmm. The guide does not stipulate that the player needs to make it to a checkpoint for the brainbugging to register. Other counters in the game don't have that requirement. I got the the one for killing helicopter penguins with their own missiles while dying 3 or 4 times without reaching a checkpoint, and like I outlined in my post, I was quite thorough in managing a very small checklist. You could be right though. I HOPE you are, because I'm going to start from chapter 8 later tonight.

Good luck ? 

On 10/14/2021 at 8:11 PM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Good luck 1f340.png 

So, I started form Ch 8, did my pen and paper checklist just to be safe, and made absolutely sure to reach a checkpoint after gaining control of each of the penguins, and I got it. The checkpoint thing must have been it, because upon revisitation, I am now sure I died at the end of Ch 12, after gaining control of the Riot Shield Officer, but before reaching the checkpoint. There are 2 nasty turrets on an elevator ride that got me again on this run. Anyways, thanks for the checkpoint advice. I might not have even thought about it had you not mentioned it.

13 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

So, I started form Ch 8, did my pen and paper checklist just to be safe, and made absolutely sure to reach a checkpoint after gaining control of each of the penguins, and I got it. The checkpoint thing must have been it, because upon revisitation, I am now sure I died at the end of Ch 12, after gaining control of the Riot Shield Officer, but before reaching the checkpoint. There are 2 nasty turrets on an elevator ride that got me again on this run. Anyways, thanks for the checkpoint advice. I might not have even thought about it had you not mentioned it.

I only figured it out cuz the collectibles are affected by it as well. They will count, but the next one will not show until you redo the one you lost.