Combat Mastery not unlocking

In one of the final battles (the one against the Ghosts in Purgatory) I got Altyria's Bow & Arrow skill to Level 40. The trophy did not unlock. In the next battle (the very last one where you have your familiar group of companions by your side) I even got it to 41 and again the trophy did not unlock. What I find curious is that - depite how old this game is - I seem to be the very first one encountering this issue. A brief search did not yield any results, so I'm kinda puzzled about what to do. Also I got the Altyria ending when according to my calculations I should've gotten the trophy for Luce's ending. Really strange. However, since the game isn't that long I'm thinking of retrying from a fresh save. Perhaps you have to get a skill to level 40 before going into the Research Facility battle (which is the point of no return). I'll report back as soon as I know more.

edit: No, getting her Bow skill to 40/41 and returning to the map hasn't helped to unlock the trophy either. Seems like my game has bugged out. Not sure I'll be trying another playthrough.

Edited by Baka_Marimo

• 2 years later...
On 10/19/2021 at 2:03 AM, Baka_Marimo said:

In one of the final battles (the one against the Ghosts in Purgatory) I got Altyria's Bow & Arrow skill to Level 40. The trophy did not unlock. In the next battle (the very last one where you have your familiar group of companions by your side) I even got it to 41 and again the trophy did not unlock. What I find curious is that - depite how old this game is - I seem to be the very first one encountering this issue. A brief search did not yield any results, so I'm kinda puzzled about what to do. Also I got the Altyria ending when according to my calculations I should've gotten the trophy for Luce's ending. Really strange. However, since the game isn't that long I'm thinking of retrying from a fresh save. Perhaps you have to get a skill to level 40 before going into the Research Facility battle (which is the point of no return). I'll report back as soon as I know more.

edit: No, getting her Bow skill to 40/41 and returning to the map hasn't helped to unlock the trophy either. Seems like my game has bugged out. Not sure I'll be trying another playthrough.

I had the same problem and the only reference that I found on internet has been this post. Investigating a little bit, finally I found the solution and the issue is that most guides are little bit wrong. Xbox and PSN have a pretty similar achievement/trophy list, but with two different trophies. On Xbox you need to achieve a level 25 on weapon skill but on PSN you need to achieve level 40 in Combat Skill. What is the difference? The skill to farm.

If you follow a xbox guide/walkthrough or a PSN guide/walkthrough that copies the xbox guide, you will be doing the trophy wrong because the information is wrong.

The clue to get Combat Mastery trophy on Playstation is to farm any habililty that you can see on second colum on core skills (see picture below).  Not any Core skill (melee, range, magic...) or weapon skill (Bow, dagger, sword...). Probably you will have this issue if you play the game in another language other than english.

JUVRply.jpg

First attack, Flank attack or Critical hit probably are the easist skill for farm with Altyria or Connor.

I was turning crazy with 45 on melee and 50 on bow and the trophy didn't pop. Finally, I farm First attack (when I discover this I'm 36) and after a 2-3 combats farming every turn with the same characther, finally I get the trophy.

I hope this post helps people in future who encounter in the same situation.

Edited by Halycarnaso
  • Like 1