Tip: Fast travel

Flukedit

This is just a tip for anyone playing through or looking to play through this game. This game has fast travel, though I do not recall ever being told that while playing through the game, so when going for the platinum/100% I was unable to figure out how to get back to Dol Guldur since it doesn't link to the main path.

Essentially, the red gem at the bottom of the screen will open a list of available locations you can return to when clicked. It seems that it can also be opened by hitting the square button, however I do not know how I managed to not hit that button while wandering the overworld.

I originally found out how to do it from this thread on playstationtrophies.org, and turns out I had the exact same problem.
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/232371-cant-access-dol-guldur-in-free-play-bug/

Anyways, I am just putting this here, because it was an annoyance that I encountered right at the end of my platinum run, and I don't feel like it's one of those things which should have to be researched in order to find out how to do it.

Hopefully this helps :)

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I know this is a few months old but do you remember how to get the minikit in the level Bilbo and the Ring?  Some guides seem to say that you need to destroy 3 eggs before they hatch and others seem less sure, just saying you should keep attacking things until it shows up (which I did for like a half hour at one point and the minikit never appeared).  I'm just wondering if you remember your experience with the level because it's stopping me from getting the platinum and I'd rather not restart the entire game if it's going to glitch out on me again.  Unfortunately the game is like 8 years old at this point and no one is talking about it anymore.

Thanks!

Yeah it's a good question, this game was/is really bad at explaining things to the player.

Was there a particular order in which you were destroying the eggs? I just played around with it a bit and it seemed a lot easier to get when destroying them in reverse order to what he lays them. And by lot easier, I don't think it appeared when taking them out in the order he laid them. 

The timing seems like it would be a bit tighter, but it seemed to appear if the first one hatched as long as it was killed quick enough, so it feels like there is a little leeway there.

If this doesn't make sense, I can try recording the level and showing how I got it to work, I managed to get it a few times before posting.

I don't remember which order I was doing it but I bet it was the order he was laying them in, since I was trying to do it as fast as possible.  Maybe that's the key, to do it in reverse order.  I'll give that a shot.  It would great if I could get it to work since I had almost given up on the game.  Thanks!

It's definitely not champagne gameplay as I forgot the controls for a lot of it. The triple eggs started around the 4:40 mark. It also recorded at half speed or something, so might be better to watch at 1.5x speed.

I'm also assuming that it was the minikit that I showed up, because it doesn't actually show what the collectable is once you've picked it up.

Thank you for the video!  I tried replicating it and it didn't work, but then I uninstalled and reinstalled the game (keeping the save file), and then kept restarting the level, quitting and reloading when it didn't seem to work.  Finally, the minikit appeared.  I almost didn't believe it, and I don't know what was different about that attempt, but I'm glad I was able to get it. Thanks again for all of your help.  Now I can work on getting the remaining trophies.

Edited by SolidDiablo