King of Brain!/The One of the Card Game

poetic_justice_

(For anyone still playing Brain Challenge in 2021 or later), there is something I wish I had known earlier. I have changed my approach to 2000 wins in Card Game for The One of the Card Game trophy. This approach seems counter-intuitive and more difficult, but in the long run, it makes 100%ing Brain Challenge easier.

Go for the 2000 wins in Card Game on Hard. If not Hard, then at least Medium, but you're better off with Hard. If you are using superpj's auto-boost with two turbo controllers and two PS3's, it doesn't matter which difficulty you choose, so you might as well choose Hard. If you are like the other 99% of players and must physically select the correct answer yourself, you will be better off with Hard in the long run, despite its steep learning curve.

In order to get King of Brain!/A+ in all Brain Training Games, you must have near-instant reflexes on extremely difficult puzzles. While a player can theoretically cheese Hard Brain Training games by taking a screenshot with a phone, pausing the game, solving the puzzle, unpausing the game, and selecting the correct answer, this method is less than ideal. For one, that method adds three extra steps: screenshot, pause, and unpause. The time it takes to screenshot and pause the game can actually PREVENT you from getting an A+ rank since the game uses Speed to determine score. This game is all about the split-second "FAST!" rating. Even the brief period of time it takes to slide your right thumb from the :start: (unpause) button to  :cross: can void the "FAST!" rating. Ideally, you would instantly recognize the puzzle and mentally retrieve the solution because you've seen the same puzzle dozens of times before. This is where playing Card Game on Hard comes into effect. This approach will expose you to the same puzzles dozens of times.

I thought attempting 2000 wins in Card Game on Easy would make the process go faster. The reality is, yes, for the short term, it does. However, for the long-range goal of 100% Brain Challenge completion, the Easy approach is counterproductive. At this point, I am not willing to lose the hours I've invested into 137 Easy wins on Card Game to start over on Hard, but after dozens of easy card puzzles, I realize I am essentially wasting my time. I'm as fast on these puzzles as I'm going to get, while receiving zero exposure to the Hard puzzles I need to master for the King of Brain!/A+ trophy.

In summary, if you want 100% on this game and the benefit of becoming smarter, earn your 1845/2000 Card Game wins on Hard. It will make the King of Brain! trophy easier.

Oh, and this is my theory, but I think getting at least one win on all difficulties of a mode drops the number of wins required for that mode's trophy from 2000 to 1845. I just unlocked my 100 of Snatch game trophy at win 1845, despite the fact I am only level 99 on the leaderboard and have less than 2000 wins. However, I had won several matches in all three modes of Snatch, and I think that may have contributed to the trophy unlocking early. I had to play the 1846th match before it unlocked, but 154 games less is still awesome in my book! I think Brain Challenge is the grindiest game I've ever played outside of Battlefield Hardline.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 4