UFC 3 Career Mode on Legend difficulty video walkthrough (no commentary)

Infernopommes

Hey,

I saw the percentage for the platinum drop over the last weeks, as well as for the trophy for becoming Champion on Legend difficult. Since I finally figured out how to livestream on YouTube, I made a casual playthrough for that. Keep in mind, this is not a perfect run nor do I give any instructions on what to do. I hope this motivates some to try it though, it really isn't that hard once you know what you are doing.

Also, for the purpose of this walkthrough, I didn't aim to have pretty fights, this is purely laid out for efficiency (at least in the fights themselves, I waste a lot of time in the training sections between fights). Do NOT attempt this strategy against human players, first of all it plain as day simply sucks, second of all unless you are VERY skilled, they will make you pay dearly for it. In theory, you could use this also for your first playthrough on Easy or Normal, however I strongly advise against that, since you need to learn the mechanics of the game to get the most fun out of it, you will also get obliterated online (only relevant for the Daily Objectives trophy), and it will make the grind to level 150 way longer. This strategy can in principle also be used for the latter, shortening the grind when done in Ultimate Team Single Player.

Don't pay too much attention to the first two fights, I was just a bit nervous since it was my first livestream (even though obviously nobody watched).

For a more technical fight, you can check out my video of me doing the last fight with a Striker (I might make a livestream for an entire playthrough as a Striker in the future, not sure though).

Inadvertently, I broke my previous best time (this might be a speedrun world record, although simply for the fact that no one has attempted one for this difficulty mode yet), and I presume you can shave off a good half an hour if you really are perfecting the strategy and don't waste time in the training sections.

Personally, I don't take much away from video walkthroughs without commentary, so if you are in the same boat, I apologise for the lack of commentary. I'm happy to answer any question you might have here though, since I want as many players as possible to have the plat for the game.

Enjoy:

Best regards,
Inferno

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I did another livestream, this time as a striker. I would not recommend doing this, unless you seek a challenge. But since some people struggle with grappling in the game, you might want to look into striking a bit - it's Mixed Martial Arts, after all.

The run felt very off. In the entire career, I only got caught in an submission attempt once - normally, the AI will do anything to get you to the ground and submit you. Generally, everybody wanted to strike with me, there were very few takedown attempts overall. Very weird. I did a couple of testruns before this one and it was all the same, I also noticed that I did and received more damage from strikes, which should not happen. I noticed this in Ultimate Team online as well in the past days, so I have no clue what's going on. There is a certain exploit, which I will not go into here, that could cause this in the online part, but I doubt that suddenly everybody does it, also it doesn't explain the AI behaviour in career mode. Other weird things included the AI going for pushes rather constantly, something that's not really meant to happen. Also, especially in the Overeem fight, you can see how he pushes me far out of reach, yet I get shoved away regardless. Also, sometimes my inputs were not recognized, especially the modifiers L1 and R1 (so I would for example do a leg kick when I actually went for a headkick).

Anyway, these were my rules for the run:

1. You must select a striker. Weight class doesn't matter.
2. You must not attempt a single takedown in any fight. (Clarification: If you catch a kick, you are allowed to push the opponent to the ground by pressing X or O. The commentators might call this a takedown, but it won't show up as such in the statistics.)
3. You must not attempt a single submission in any fight.
4. You can learn anything you want (this means you can use takedowns/submissions if it is required; it's just not recommended). If you fail, you can try again as often as you want.
5. You can initiate clinches and you can transition in clinches when caught, but have to strike or break out of it.
6. If you stuff a takedown and end up in dominant sprawl, you can punch the body or transition to backside to punch the head. If you lose the position, you have to get up as soon as possible.
7. If you get taken down, you have to get up as soon as possible.

8. You are not allowed to restart any fight.

There are probably other people who beat the career mode on Legend difficulty with a striker, however I am fairly certain that I'm the first one who did it with this specific ruleset. I actually did it twice, however the last time I didn't know how to livestream and only recorded the fight for the championship. I improved my record to 20-2 this time. Some fights were way harder than in my first run, whereas the championship fight was rather easy. Again, something was very off.

Anyway, enjoy:

• Like 2