Animal Care Solved

Oddbeard

So, since my last post on the state of the game I've managed to figure out how to unlock the Animal Care trophy. 

As a quick disclaimer I still highly recommend not purchasing this game. As fun as it is, any company that behaves this way doesn't deserve your money!

Onto the trophy and what I've learned;

• Shells do count as animals, so do not harvest them during your game.

• This makes the beginning of the game near impossible as your survivors will die before any crops or berries grow. 

• The way I circumvented this is through sheer luck of getting another survivor arriving before/as your last one dies. I'd imagine this needs to be retried or save scummed to get it to happen.

• With your first survivors, build a shelter for one, so they stay alive longer than the other two (I assume the game will only trigger an arrival if there are less than 3 survivors - so let the other two die as quick as you can).

• Use the expendable survivors to open crates and plant seeds on the first two days to get a food supply ready if the plan plays out correctly.

• If it worked and you get an arrival on the same day your last survivor dies, it should be plain sailing from there, stockpiling as many vegetables, berries and chestnuts as you can.

• As far as I can tell the game settings do not matter, so use an easy or custom sandbox.

• Be very careful during your play through to not accidentally pick up any frogs, crabs and shells etc.

• To get level 2 fishing needed for the sails, just build a fishing platform way out in the corner of the map away from any fish spawns, and you should still get exp without catching fish.

• Save before finishing the boat as I've heard reloading may be necessary if it doesn't ping.

Hope this helps anyone with the misfortune of having this list stuck on your profile! I've still not figured out any way of getting Tireless, but please let me know if anyone has any luck. I've attempted several 100+ day fresh games where I've definitely used over 5000hrs to no avail. Even have a 300+ day game going strong but it's mind numbing. The PC version has a trophy by the same name which is 100,000hrs. Working theory is that it could trigger then (which I don't like the idea of going for on a hunch), or is just straight up broken.

Edited by Oddbeard
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

Oddbeard, the more you write your experiences with Seeds of Resilience, the more grateful I am you took the time to post. Thank you. Goblinz Studio sounds less like a game developer and more like sadistic prison guards who have created their own personal digital dungeon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2022 at 7:54 PM, poetic_justice_ said:

Oddbeard, the more you write your experiences with Seeds of Resilience, the more grateful I am you took the time to post. Thank you. Goblinz Studio sounds less like a game developer and more like sadistic prison guards who have created their own personal digital dungeon.

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a wild ride, so I'm glad I can help/warn others. 

I agree with your sentiment fully, though I would level the blame moreso on Forever Entertainment SA, who I understand actually developed the port and refuse to patch it  (though Goblinz Studio absolutely shares the responsibility).

Edited by Oddbeard
  • Like 3