Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson announced for 3DS

Lady Lilith

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/07/senran-kagura-2-deep-crimson-announced-nintendo-3ds/

230004SenranKaguraBurstOPHeader_thumb.jp

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson is coming to the Nintendo 3DS, this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine has confirmed.

Like Senran Kagura Burst, the sequel will be a side-scrolling 3D action game (or a brawler, if you prefer), and is being developed by Tamsoft, the same studio that developed Senran Kagura Burst.

Famitsu’s report mentions that Senran Kagura 2 will have boss encounters on a 3D field and that the game will also have two male characters added to it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/07/senran-kagura-2-deep-crimson-tag-team-co-op-modes/

Earlier today, Famitsu magazine confirmed that Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson, an upcoming side-scrolling 3D action game, is currently in development for Nintendo 3DS. Another update from the magazine issue shares further information on the game.

It turns out producer Kenichiro Takaki is a man of his word. Speaking with Siliconera way back in 2011, Takaki shared that he intended to add co-op gameplay to Senran Kagura 2, and he’s done just that. Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson will have both co-op and tag-team multiplayer modes.

Marvelous haven’t revealed if the co-op mode will allow two players to play together over the Internet or not, but local co-op is confirmed for the game. Meanwhile, The tag-team mode is called “Pair Battle,” where you’ll get to fight using two paired-up characters. They can also do special combination attacks.

Two new characters in Senran Kagura 2 are named Kagura and Naraku. Additionally, Murasame, the older brother of Ikaruga will also be available for players using save data from Senran Kagura Burstbut he’ll also be available as DLC at a later date. An earlier report stated that there would be two male characters, but as of now, we only know of one.

A limited edition pack of Senran Kagura 2, called “Nyuu Nyuu DX Pack,” will also be available at launch. It will include five mini-figures of girls from the Homura Crimson Squad and a drama CD. First-print copies will include the game’s entire original soundtrack.

The original is on my to play list because I love sidescrolling beat em ups.  It's cool that this is getting a sequel.

Wow they're adding guys now? Yeah I have shinovi versus and burst and they're fun as heck. You just have to get over the boobs bouncing like crazy but very fun game. I am a sucker for beat em ups so I can't wait and I hope we get the characters from versus in Kagura 2