Overcoming the Nemesis trophy glitch

Zuggha

Hi guys.

Today, I get this trophy in a weird way, I just was exploring 
Cavern of the Stolen Fayth in search for a optional Aeon. When I encountered a random battle and killed a weak enemy. It pops the trophy Overcoming the Nemesis, I can´t believe this was the right way to obtain it because was very easy and out of context, so I read the description of this trophy and realize this trophy is more difficult to obtain because of the enemy which gives this trophy is much stronger. So I wanted to share my first glitch trophy with all of you.

Sorry for my english since it's not my native language.

FINAL-FANTASY-X-X-2-HD-Remaster-20211222

Edited by Jzuggha
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Somthing similar happened to me too. The Yu Yevon trophy popped when I defeated a thunder flan. I put in a ticket at Square Enix. 

They told me that unexpected things can happen if you are disconnected from the network. I remember before this trophy popped, I received a notification on my PS4 that the network was disconnected. I restarted my home router and everything was fine. So I continued playing. 

My advice is, if you get a message that your internet has gone out, shut your ps4 off. Don't continue playing. Or else, this error might happen. Who knows. When a weird glitch happens, you tend to get superstitious. One of my friends told me that since I play so much Final Fantasy, SE has decided to give me free trophies. Personally I prefer my theory over his. I don't want free trophies. Except maybe the jump rope trophy in FF9. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 6:27 PM, vitojoseph said:

Somthing similar happened to me too. The Yu Yevon trophy popped when I defeated a thunder flan. I put in a ticket at Square Enix. 

They told me that unexpected things can happen if you are disconnected from the network. I remember before this trophy popped, I received a notification on my PS4 that the network was disconnected. I restarted my home router and everything was fine. So I continued playing. 

My advice is, if you get a message that your internet has gone out, shut your ps4 off. Don't continue playing. Or else, this error might happen. Who knows. When a weird glitch happens, you tend to get superstitious. One of my friends told me that since I play so much Final Fantasy, SE has decided to give me free trophies. Personally I prefer my theory over his. I don't want free trophies. Except maybe the jump rope trophy in FF9. 

The trophy list is all messed up in the PS4 version and a patch has never been released. Overcoming the Nemesis just unlocks in random places, some unlocked it at Bikanel, some in the Calm Lands and most unlocked it in the Cavern of the Stolen Faith while capturing monsters. The internet connection isn't an issue, definetely, support will never know if there is an issue in the programming code, which this is definetely the case as Overcoming the Nemesis doesn't always unlock when you defeat Nemesis.