Thoughts on ELEX 2

BumpkinPumpkin

Hello all of my fellow trophy hunters!

I wanted to get a consensus on how you are feeling about ELEX 2? I started the first game about 2 weeks ago and have surprisingly hooked into this game. I definitely recognize the flaws, such as the piss poor melee combat system and that you start off way too weak with slow character progression; but there is just something so charming about the game. I really love the mix of influences that this game takes from Fable, Fallout, Skyrim and even Dark Souls to degree. The characters are memorable enough, but I love the world design and RPG elements later on the game. I can't wait for the sequel! 

Let me know what you all think!?

Yeah, hopefully they improve all the flaws. I’m really liking the world and story, so excited to finish it! 

I haven’t tried Rosen, but it is developed by Piranha Bytes. I may give that series a try. Unfortunately the first game isn’t on PS3 andI heard the second became a huge pirate themed game, which isn’t very appealing. The third game looked decent! 

while pirate themed it is not like Black Flag. Think Elex with a pirate skin, only 2 and 3 are on PS3 and 3 was given a PS4 remaster. 3 did make some improvements over 2 as well. Also Elex made improvements over Risen 3 though there are still flaws.

Also there is a point in Risen 3 where you meet the protagonist from Risen 1/2 which was a nice touch.