Brief clarification for the Scrooge trophy

Desavenencia

Hello everyone!

A few hours ago, I finished my first run through Sacred 2: Fallen Angel with my Seraphim at level 42 and I didn't expect the Scrooge trophy to pop on my screen along with the Bright Savior of Ancaria trophy and the Survivalist trophy, to be honest.

The fact is that the trophy popped after all, which confirms that you CAN buy certain things during the game. Therefore, the guide should take this into consideration from now on…

The trophy description says this:

Scrooge 
Any Hero has completed the main quest without buying anything.

The guide we have [by @evilartifact (thank you for the guide, pal!)] says this:

It's recommended to do this trophy along with the Silver Dedicated trophy. In this playthrough, you can sell to merchants, but you can't buy anything, not even mounts. If it costs gold, you can't buy it. It is recommended that you don't even talk to merchants this run, just in case you buy something accidentally. Once you beat the final boss and complete the game, this trophy will unlock.

Well… That was the introduction. I’ll go on to explain what I did…

I wanted to leave the Scrooge trophy aside to do it when I wanted to start a different game with another character in which I had to complete the campaign with less than 20% of the map explored (see Dedicated trophy).

I always like to complete my first time run of all my games without seeing guides or anything that could spoil me about the plot of the game or about any surprises in it… «Enjoy the game in its entirety», which many people today forget to do because of paying too much attention to trophies… but that’s another matter.

So I decided that I was going to spend money on this game. So… yeah… I did it. In fact, I spent money three separate times in my entire game.

• The first time I spent money was to buy my special mount; a furry (lol). If I remember correctly, it cost me about 250k gold coins… A good quality fur… (see Easy Rider trophy).

• The second time I spent money was when I went to the blacksmith to forge a sword. I don't remember how much he charged me, really. He was very kind, by the way… (see Great Enhancer trophy).

• The third and last time I spent money… well… was when I had to spend money on a second special mount… (yeah…). When I reached one of the last areas of the Wastelands, about seven Temple Guardians surrounded me, accompanied by a pair of Fen Fires... All those dick-heads gave us a warm welcome with a gang-bang and my original furry fella couldn't bear it for long. Even I was about to go to heaven… again (?). Whatever… My second furry friend was a bit more expensive; around 400k or something like that. I hope he has a little more stamina and endurance than the previous one and can accompany me on future adventures through the three difficulties that we’ll have to overcome. Together, if possible.

————————————————————

Conclusion: you can spend money and still get the trophy. I imagine that what you shouldn’t do is buy things from merchants, although I don't know for sure. It seems that special mounts and blacksmiths are allowed, at least. Maybe someone wants to keep testing this.

• Like 1