Edit: Solved - Act III - Pinned to the Mist trophy bugged? Quest 'The Locket'

Heruva

Hi all,

I realize I'm a bit late to the game. I really enjoy this game and can't wait to hit lvl 100 with my normal run so I can dedicate my time on hardcore afterwards.

I also would want to get this games trophies, however... Pinned to the Mist has got me stumped.

I'm really hoping someone can provide me with pointers, ideas, anything to help figure this out.

***Possible spoilers below, so please continue with care***

This trophy is linked to the quest The Locket in Act 3, which you'll find in the Rotting Crypt, after talking to Jesse in the Blightbogs.
The point of this quest is to find 2 sanguine gems in the dungeon, place them on 2 pedestals to continue to the wraith lord and defeat him.

The problem I'm having, is that whatever I do, I can only find 1 sanguine gem in the dungeon.
Below I'll describe the steps I've taken

1. On my first run, when I entered the dungeon and started the quest, I would only find 1 gem and it would be on the left side of the dungeon.
    A couple of times during the story, the dungeon would reset and I had the opportunity to go through it again in a different lay-out and defeating all mobs.
    Don't know what triggered it's reset but it happened twice to me.
    Both times, there would only be 1 gem and it would always be on the left side of the dungeon.

2. I rerolled the world manually 2 times
    It was a bit time consuming as you'll have to go through the Blightbogs again trying to find Jesse and the Rotting Crypt.
    Both times, there would only be 1 gem and it would always be on the left side of the dungeon.

3. At that point I figured to stop trying for now. So I finished the story and started NG+, figuring maybe that would solve it.
    This time, I found 1 gem on the right side of the dungeon.. I have to admit it raised my hopes, alas I should have known better.
    There was no 2nd gem to be found.
    So I rerolled a couple of times but now there's still always 1 gem and always on the right side of the dungeon.

So at this point, I have no idea what is going on.
Either this quest, and therefore this trophy is bugged, or I'm just doing the wrong things.

I've tried scouting the entire dungeon before picking up the 1st gem and then scout the entire dungeon again after picking up that gem to see if that triggered the appearance of the 2nd gem.
I've tried placing the 1 gem on the left pedestal first and scout the entire dungeon again to see if that triggered the next gem. I've also tried placing it on the right pedastal first.
But alas, none of these things work.

I googled, but apart from one other gamer who mentioned something about having a similar issue with these gems, I can't find anything helpful.

So here's my call to you fellow experienced en helpful gamers.

If anyone would be so kind to share any thoughts, advice (apart from giving up ?), I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Edited by Heruva
solved

Ok, weird...

rerolled one last time and I've finally found my way to it.

It seems it was my fault al along.

Each time, there's a locked door in the dungeon and I figured you needed both gems to be placed on the altar to unlock that door en progress to the end boss..

However, when I placed the 1 gem I found during my last run, and scouted the entire dungeon again, I found that the locked door now unlocked and opened.
It was behind this door I found the second gem.

I feel quite silly now.
But in case others are stuck, at least I hope my inability helps :)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I didn’t have the same issue, but it was with a gem in that same side dungeon. So, I will leave mine here too in case it helps someone else. 

My issue was that I found the gem but was unable to pick it up, no matter what angle I came at it from or how many times I ran around it in a circle hitting X. I tried a few things, but what fixed it in the end was running all the way back to the entrance and walking out and then walking back in and running back to the gem. Then I was able to pick it up no problem. No idea how that could’ve fixed it, but it did. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply Dinkus83.
Actually, this can definately be a fix when unable to pick up items, including these gems when they spawn but you're unable to pick them up.
I've noticed several times that I couldn't pick up items. Sometimes they were stuck in the air, or sometimes they appeared on the floor but couldn't pick them up.
Leaving and re-entering the area always fixed that for me so your fix seems very solid to me.