Controller button mapping issue?

Infected Elite

So Default has Square to crouch/slide, circle to dodge. For whatever reason, i found crouch and slide more comfortable as circle, probably due to most games going that route.  

So i swapped the two. Made sure no buttons conflicting. Here was my issue that i cant resolve...

i was in a cauldron and it asked me to DROP to a ledge. So by default thats SQUARE. with my custom layout it asked to tap CIRCLE. No matter what, Aloy wasnt dropping. Herein lies my problem.... 

so i reverted back to default, and tapped Square. she dropped. 

Anyone have any idea why it wouldn't drop with Circle when i custom mapped button?

Hi I had the same issue as I switched circle and square - change wall jump (climbing) to square. This should sort your issue. 

You will have problems with swimming buttons when you do this so change descend to circle also. 

Edited by xIbanezz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xIbanezz said:

Hi I had the same issue as I switched circle and square - change wall jump (climbing) to square. This should sort your issue. 

You will have problems with swimming buttons when you do this so change descend to circle also. 

thank you, ill test it out but I've been playing last few hours with default, now I'm kind of used to them ? go figure