WB games DLC sharing rubbish

NMErickson

So apparently if you have multiple games from Warner Bros. they share DLC when installed on the same console and storage unit. Couldn’t find anything online about it and I’m trying to figure out why.

The three games I’m using to test. Have all DLC for each:

• Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum

-Middle-Earth’s DLC shares & downloads to Batman AK

-Arkham Knight’s DLC shares & downloads to Arkham Asylum

-Nothing shares or downloads to Middle-Earth

On PS4, the DLC is shared but you manually have to download each piece of the other game’s DLC so not a big deal there. But on the PS5 it downloads the other game’s DLC automatically.

This unnecessarily bloats the games by up to 18.7GB. It could potentially be worse if other WB games have this issue and are installed.

Batman AA disc with the newest update is 25GB. Tested the install on PS4 (no other WB games on it) and PS5 (different storage unit). If have Arkham Knight installed also, it expands to 43GB. I tried reinstalling and stopping the update but then it just downloaded the DLC in the background anyway and not even the update. Was on version 1.00.

When tried on PS5, had Batman AA on system storage and the other two on a hard drive/extended storage. This brought AA to the normal 25GB even though it tells me there are 37 (Arkham Knight) game content items installed for it.

So seems a workaround is to install WB games on different consoles and storages but this process does not seem normal.

Do others have issues with WB games sharing or installing other games’ DLC? I have other games/DLC from same companies installed together but only Warner Bros titles do this.

Edited by NMErickson
Experimented more, found out what shares with what