Thoughts about it

jassichan

What are your thoughts about this Cooking Mama game? The last time i played CM it was on the DS and i was a child. Did I get too old and think this game is boring, or isn't Cooking Mama Cookstar a good game?

• 5 months later...
On 06/03/2022 at 10:59 PM, jassichan said:

What are your thoughts about this Cooking Mama game? The last time i played CM it was on the DS and i was a child. Did I get too old and think this game is boring, or isn't Cooking Mama Cookstar a good game?

Well I am the same as you, played it on DS when it was new. I think the PS4 version is fine, aesthetically and sound wise it feels very faithful to the DS version.

I think there are a few issues with it though, like the recipes seem overly long even right off the bat, and having to do all of them in one go perfectly with 3 stars and it's quite easy to make a mistake, and just having to restart the entire recipe, seems a bit of a dick move, especially when there are weird 1-2 seconds of black screen between each mini game.

The 2 player mode seems very half assed, like could have done so much more.

I'm happy with my purchase since I bought it on a sale, still, it's a bit sad to see the game not really move on in 15 years. This game really needed to be a VR game, or at the very least have Move controller support. There's only so much you can do with a dual shock, like literally, game seems a bit too much like the DS version but without all the cool stuff and not being able to cut and slice with the stylus, doesn't feel as good as it did on the DS that's for sure.

On 30.8.2022 at 2:27 PM, enaysoft said:

Well I am the same as you, played it on DS when it was new. I think the PS4 version is fine, aesthetically and sound wise it feels very faithful to the DS version.

I think there are a few issues with it though, like the recipes seem overly long even right off the bat, and having to do all of them in one go perfectly with 3 stars and it's quite easy to make a mistake, and just having to restart the entire recipe, seems a bit of a dick move, especially when there are weird 1-2 seconds of black screen between each mini game.

The 2 player mode seems very half assed, like could have done so much more.

I'm happy with my purchase since I bought it on a sale, still, it's a bit sad to see the game not really move on in 15 years. This game really needed to be a VR game, or at the very least have Move controller support. There's only so much you can do with a dual shock, like literally, game seems a bit too much like the DS version but without all the cool stuff and not being able to cut and slice with the stylus, doesn't feel as good as it did on the DS that's for sure.

yeah you're totally right. It feels like nothings happens after this long time, but in a negative way. I haven'T played it on switch, but maybe the witch version is better 'cause of the touchscreen (?).

i also bought it on sale and for me it would be a bad purchase if i paid more than 20€...