Easiest way of getting all distance related trophies

xHarry998

In order to get the following trophies in one go, you can follow the steps further down.

• 'Round and Round' 
  • 'Going the Distance: Angeles Crest Highway'
  • Going the Distance: 24 Hours of Le Mans
  • Going the Distance: Route 66

(And if you do this in a multiplayer lobby with other people you can also get these trophies - they might take longer though such as 3 hours depending on the number of people in your session)

• Going the Distance Together: The Atlantic
  • Going the Distance Together: The Autobahn

How to get these trophies easily:

Go to the main page and select 'World Circuits' and then set up ‘Daytona oval track' (select this if you want the 'Round and Round' trophy or if you haven't unlocked Special Track X, but use Special Track X if you already have this trophy) and click ‘custom race’ change the race type to endurance and set the timer to ~2 hours and then select the minimum amount of opponents. Then start the event and pause straight away, click start and change controller layout so the right stick is the accelerator, then get a rubber band and hook it around your right stick and controller so it is stuck facing up and then start the event and your car should accelerate and go around the track by itself and accelerate because of the rubber band around the accelerator. You can leave your controller for the duration of the event and go AFK, but you need to ensure the event fully finishes before the progress is tracked. 

I highly recommend using the Tomahawk (the fastest car in the game) so that you can get this trophy much quicker, but the slower the car you are using, the longer you need to set the event timer. If you need people to boost with for the multiplayer miles, you should definitely use the 'Sessions' feature on PSNProfiles as they typically fill up very quickly. 

As stated by Sicho, these can all be done in one single multiplayer lobby, where you can pause whilst driving and the game will essentially drive for you - getting you the miles anyway (this might be quicker), but if you prefer you can follow the above method for a local lobby. 

Edited by xHarry998
Adding detail
  • Like 1

there is literally no need to rubber band since, when you press Options during the race to bring up the Pause menu, the car will Auto Drive. Just leave it like that and you're golden.
This all has already been discussed in detail in this thread: 

2 minutes ago, Sicho said:

there is literally no need to rubber band since, when you press Options during the race to bring up the Pause menu, the car will Auto Drive. Just leave it like that and you're golden.
This all has already been discussed in detail in this thread: 

Agreed, however if someone wants to do the first 4 trophies locally then the 'Auto Drive' doesn't accelerate for you unless you are online in a lobby. 

Just now, xHarry998 said:

Agreed, however if someone wants to do the first 4 trophies locally then the 'Auto Drive' doesn't accelerate for you unless you are online in a lobby. 

sure, but it makes more sense to go for all those trophies at the same time since doing the online races unlocks the first 4 ones and the online ones.

8 minutes ago, Sicho said:

sure, but it makes more sense to go for all those trophies at the same time since doing the online races unlocks the first 4 ones and the online ones.

I have updated my post now to state this thanks, as mentioned I thought I'd offer an offline method too just in case but have stated it is quicker online. Thanks for your help