HELP!! I can' access Challenge

dmsleight

I beat the game and loaded my save and backtracked to the mountain top.  I am on the stairwell looking up and the box and I can't complete the puzzle/switch to open the challenge.  The line goes straight down and under the box but doesn't hook left at the end for me to complete/activate it.  What am I missing?  Is there a puzzle I missed to unlock it?  I'd attach a pic to prove it, but it seems only URLs can be attached.  There must be a requirement I missed.

Tangentially, I found an passage in the side of the mountain that has a puzzle door.  I couldn't solve it.  What does it lead to?

dEqT3LfXa8QT4mmScXouy5-970-80.jpeg.webp

So my pic is just like this, only that leftward hook on the bottom of the box isn't there and I can only go straight down!!

Edited by dmsleight

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I hope I'm not to late.

You might have not redirected the laser from desert ruins. When you activate the laser it first shoots towards the town, where you will need to redirect the mirror (its located on top of of a building pictured here) and only then will the laser count as a power source (you get the desert ruin trophy when you activate the laser not when you redirect it btw).

(You might have also forgot to do the Jungle area since you don't have a trophy for it)

Anyway I hope that helps you on your platinum journey ?

078747.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Smojani15 said:

Hey, I hope I'm not to late.

You might have not redirected the laser from desert ruins. When you activate the laser it first shoots towards the town, where you will need to redirect the mirror (its located on top of of a building pictured here) and only then will the laser count as a power source (you get the desert ruin trophy when you activate the laser not when you redirect it btw).

(You might have also forgot to do the Jungle area since you don't have a trophy for it)

Anyway I hope that helps you on your platinum journey 1f604.png

078747.jpg

Good call on the Jungle trophy!  Didn't even notice that.  I thought I wouldve had to get that to access the game ending?  I'll give that a shot when I get the chance, I'm sure thats the issue. (I did redirect the other lazer).

1 hour ago, Smojani15 said:

Anyway I hope that helps you on your platinum journey 1f604.png

It did! Just tried it out.  Now I can try the challenge.  It's too long since I played this though.  I'm sure I'll struggle with the challenge.

Thanks a lot!  Saved a platinum's life!