Multiplayer Issues since patch 1.03

XxViPeRsXx

Anyone else found a way around recent matchmaking issues? I can sometimes see gold summon signs after using the Furcalling Finger Remedy but anytime I try to summon I get an error when waiting for them to appear in my world. Multiplayer was working perfectly on an earlier patch as I was able to play with my brother quite a lot around two weeks after the game came out but ever since then it hasn't worked. Currently, I can see and interact with messages just fine and sometimes see gold summon signs but they never actually appear in my world.

While we're listing bugs: I also have a bug in the Hyetta quest line and Yura quest line that is making it impossible to continue. For now I'm just gonna kill the NPC's to get what I can out of them and try to do their quests in NG+

Edited by XxViPeRsXx
listed more bugs

Was it an actual error? Or was it "Cannot summon Cooperator", in the case of this message, likely somebody has already summoned the cooperator before you. So you weren't quick enough and someone saw that person's sign and summoned them before.

Sometimes asking for help outside boss rooms, (like the 2 gargoyle one) coop partners are a premium, if you put your sign you WILL be summoned immediately.

Easiest place to test online connectivity is to teleport to the grace of a dungeon and try the summoning pool there. If nothing appears there, then yes definitely with the game/servers.

For actual errors, if you get one, it's rare, but try a different time of the day.  Also yes check your NAT type, past few days been having coop in 3 player, and 1 guy drops out the game quite frequently for no reason.

Also, if you're not seeing any gold signs at all, make sure you're in an area that actually has a boss. (One of the main bosses and not a sub boss/dragon etc)

As you won't to see any gold signs but you can still put your sign down. I tried with a friend for about 20 mins, and then I put my sign at the other side of the gate and it appeared straight away.

So even you can use your finger AND put your sign down, you won't be able to find each if there is not a boss in the area, game doesn't really make it all that clear unfortunately.

I got it to work by messing with my game's network settings. Was able to summon someone for a boss fight which was previously not working. I had 'Send Summon Sign' set to Enable, which was the wrong option. But I'm pretty sure I was having this error with my brother a couple weeks ago and that's when I changed that setting trying to get it to work. So I don't know what caused my previous errors weeks ago but for now it's working. Thanks for your suggestions!

I thought this was just me! My friend is able to summon me, but i cant find his summon sign or really anyones! Started last week for me. Cant do any pvp, invasions, or coop boss runs. 
I also have a +10 night and flame sword and in mid game, so if theres a cap in Ainsel River or Cailed that might be another reason I can’t find anyone. 

Did somebody drop you the night and flame sword?

The game scales with your level, so for example, if you're running around in Limgrave at lvl 100, the chances of finding coop partners or even invaders is very slim since most users will be around lvl 20 or so. I think the game at lvl100 would match you with people who are more than 90 or less than 110. This is to prevent players from one shotting you or the boss, or whatever.

The only way to guaranteed summon somebody if to use a password.

If you can't find his summon sign, did you both enable crossplay? (At a guess if you weren't on the same system)

Also remember that if you can't summon anybody at all, it's because there is no boss in the area. You can't summon people to just absolutely anywhere, infact some places are 100% one player areas only.

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Did somebody drop you the night and flame sword?

The game scales with your level, so for example, if you're running around in Limgrave at lvl 100, the chances of finding coop partners or even invaders is very slim since most users will be around lvl 20 or so. I think the game at lvl100 would match you with people who are more than 90 or less than 110. This is to prevent players from one shotting you or the boss, or whatever.

The only way to guaranteed summon somebody if to use a password.

If you can't find his summon sign, did you both enable crossplay? (At a guess if you weren't on the same system)

Also remember that if you can't summon anybody at all, it's because there is no boss in the area. You can't summon people to just absolutely anywhere, infact some places are 100% one player areas only.

Im currently level 91. Already done most of luirnia, and started cailed before i proceed with Rannis quest line. I Picked up the night and flame sword myself and leveled it up through exploring. Havent spoiled much for myself, just some help on what triggers specific events/what to avoid doing to get the age of stars ending this playthrough. 

Even in Cailed i cant find anyone to summon, be summoned, pvp, invasions. Tried them all. I do them near summoning pools/boss fights in dungeons. 

i do have cross play enabled. Im on ps5 and so is my friend. I messed around with in game settings and checked my NAT type. Im type 2. So not sure whats going on. It all started after the update patch.

Thank you for your response btw! I appreciate the help.☺️

Yes I went back to Caelid when I was about lvl 100 to clear up a lot of stuff, and spent maybe 5-10 hours in there, I occasionally got called as a Hunter but not once did anyone summon me, or invade me, despite putting down my summoning sign to summoning areas whenever I could.

Well if your friend has dropped you a ton of runes so you could level up faster or you grinded somewhere to level up quickly. Then it's likely you're just too over leveled for the online matchmaking. Not that the game properly tells you any of this.

You should easily be able to summon people though once you get to some of the tougher bosses / caverns as people are more likely to put their signs there rather than in the world map.

I mostly just wanted to mess around with friends and do some pvp. Like in the coliseum. No ones dropped me any ruins. Ive just spent the last 2 months since launch day exploring haha! Put in around 150+ hours in so far and haven’t even made it to the capital or volcano manor ?

Im hoping a new update comes out soon and fixes whatever bug is happening. I wanna do some pvp haha 

Not too worried about trophies rn. Just want to get the age of stars knocked out so I dont have to worry about it later on, and can just speed run NG+ to get the other endings and mop up any trophies. 
im trying to enjoy and explore every single area this glorious game has to offer 

Edited by xMs_Skyx

Seems like my game was bugged after the update patch. I deleted the game and reinstalled it. Now I can see gold summon signs and do invasions/pvp. So if anyone else is having this issue, just delete and reinstall. Make sure you have the latest saved data on your ps5 so you dont lose any progress!